A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rest of the track holding up as good as the one lug you showed us and were the scratchers warrantied

The track is holding up good so far, those little ports make me nervous. looks like a good place to snag something and rip the track.

Never asked about the scratchers, but im sure they'd warranty them for me if I asked.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Good news Dan
I guess Friday is a ride day then....
Looks like cooler weather starting Sturday but snow will be screwwed till we get another dump.
Lower trails have gone for chit and we will be riding gravel tomorrow.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news Dan
I guess Friday is a ride day then....
Looks like cooler weather starting Sturday but snow will be screwwed till we get another dump.
Lower trails have gone for chit and we will be riding gravel tomorrow.

Depends how warm it get tomorrow, snow was deep today. But heavy wet snow.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sun is poking out, the rain is gone,, looks like it could be a pretty nice day up on the Mountain in Revy today. To bad I have to go to Golden:(

Maybe I'll go for a ride in Golden today....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to go to Golden today to pick up my sled, and I brought my Gear so I could ride at Quartz on the way back. 700$ later Im back in business...lol
So I get to Quartz and I forgot my boots. Ive rode in my skate shoes before, last time It didnt go so good... But I really wanted to ride and I'm all
for giving things another shot, so I headed up the Mountain solo and in my shoes. There was about 50 other sleds up there, so wasnt worried about
having no company. The snow was actually pretty good(considering its Quartz and 50 people were there) light and dry and anything over 7000feet
I had pretty much to myself! lol Im thinking some of the other zones I like hitting in Golden would be pretty Stellar right now!
I Saw some pretty big Avy's today on SW slopes though,, 4foot slabs, sliding all the way to the rocks...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove through the Rodgers pass 4 times in 2days.... Yahoo...lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That dip **** is facing the wrong way.
Crossed the oncoming traffic?

Looks like it doesnt it,,, Same thing happened yesterday closer to Revy. Dangerous bit of road there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find myself packing alot more safety gear and other chit now a days as I get older and wiser.

Back when I started; No back pack, shovel and probe on the sled, then a back pack, then to an avy pack,
to now avy pack stuffed with 50lbs of gear..lol So after 19 seasons of mountain riding I got my
very first tunnel bag for my sled today. Took a lot of weight off my back, felt like a new man riding
today! It was awesome...lol

Last edited:

Marmot MB

Reaction score
I would be interested to know what you take with you on a daily basis. After 19 seasons I am sure you have figured out what is worth brining and what is not.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know what you take with you on a daily basis. After 19 seasons I am sure you have figured out what is worth brining and what is not.

Sure, why not im bored ill make a list.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Behind my seat in that little compartment I carry tools for my sled:
-pliers
-allen keys
-1 torx screw driver that I need
-various metric wrenches and sockets I need
-13/16 wrench for the primary clutch bolt(blow a belt, you may need this)
-Electrical tape
-emergency pull start cord, it works as an exhaust spring puller and a tow rope
(we tie one ski right up on the rear bumper of the Tow sled, one guy tows with no one on the sled being towed and double someone out. this works very good when you have to tow up/down steep chit!)

In my tunnel bag today I had:

-A good Saw
-spare goggles
-spare gloves
-small first aid kit
-Rutsch block cord
-zip ties
-spare beacon
-knife
-flash light
-helmet light(need this for night riding)

I Never had any today,, but water and food is nice sometimes...lol

In my Avy Pack

-Shovel
-probe
-Got a pimpin snow saw
-spare batteries
-lighter and matches(thats for lighting fires at the cabin& stuff, if I had to sleep on the hill, making a cave, probably no fire)
-emergency number list
-5hour energy shot
-tylenol
-tensor wrap
-BCA link Radio( cool setup, not really impressed with the range. Garmin rhino is better)

Front goggle storage thing on sled:

-Camera
-GPS
-GoPro
-tuke

underhood:

-Spare belt
-factory tool kit

If I think I'm going to burn a lot, I bring extra gas

The one important thing I don't have(but i'm getting here ASAP) is a Sat Phone.
Things are getting pretty extreme in the world of Back Country Sledding and
seen too many friends hurt or Killed. Sat Phones save lives!

Or at the very minimum get an Inreach. Technology is a wonderful thing when it comes to
back country safety, might as well use it to our advantage.

I also want to get some rock climbing rope,, might come in handy some time...

Any who that's what I've been packing this season, glad to get some of it off my back!
Don't really need most that stuff every day, but sure is nice to have when you do!

Cheers Dan

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent Dan and carry pretty much all the same as well as sat phone. Really handy!
Through a couple tampax in also as it's the best thing for bad cuts if someone is hurt bad.
No bashing either you tards. Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent Dan and carry pretty much all the same as well as sat phone. Really handy!
Through a couple tampax in also as it's the best thing for bad cuts if someone is hurt bad.
And a tampon to dip in gas, will start wet wood on fire

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tampons could come in handy,, Dont be afraid to use your T-shirt if its really bleeding.

I've took basic first aid, but I really need to take my 80 hour wilderness first aid course, for getting into guiding.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tampons could come in handy,, Dont be afraid to use your T-shirt if its really bleeding.

I've took basic first aid, but I really need to take my 80 hour wilderness first aid course, for getting into guiding.
Dan…….Tampons are not for when your bleeding but for dipping the tank for gas .LOL Midol is for when your bleeding . Also seen you don't take a roll of dbl charmin?

Top Bottom