A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a little footage I took yesterday,, The cheap hero cam footage was actually a real good quality vid,, Down loaded it youtube and the quality got worse for some reason. Not sure why?? this is a bit of a learning curve, but im sort of figuring it out...lol

any who,, nothing special but you can see the conditions and the snow was sick!:d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq1bbuAdshc

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was pretty sore today, but it was Blue bird(part of the day)... So headed up Boulder with the intentions of doing some filming in some untouched Pow, brought my Hard on Camera mount up and every thing,,, But I forgot my SD card...WTF Ran into my Friend Jake and just kinda toured around with them today,, nice easy ride, but fun like always!:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SkiDoo really needs to beef these Disc Brake covers up,,, I ALWAYS bend the fawk right out of them just kicking them with my boots....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the brake disc cover. Need to make it out of titanium instead of aluminium.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quit riding like brant jumping side to side

Problem solved

Lol Yeah maybe I should just get a 2 up seat and sit down all day and ride trails.... haha or skidoo could just build a better cover?:beer:

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outta curiosity was it blurry right after uploading? I've found it uploads right away in the poorest quality and sometimes takes a couple hours to get the higher ones. That might be the problem there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outta curiosity was it blurry right after uploading? I've found it uploads right away in the poorest quality and sometimes takes a couple hours to get the higher ones. That might be the problem there.

Not sure what the deal is,,, my internet connection is CRAP,,, so this vid took 8hours to upload,,, I have lots more vid,, but holy fawk! lol

It was filmed in 1080p 30fps and looks awesome on my computer,, soon as I saw the youtube vid I was like WTF?? Ive seen good quality footage
on youtube, so not really sure where i am going wrong:confused:

Fahrns

Reaction score
Dan, try filming at 960 instead of 1080. It's a 4:3 ratio (unfortunately a little more square that widescreen), but gives a much better perspective for helmet cam filming. Give it a whirl and see if you like it. I find it gives a much taller field of view and nice viewing perspective.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, try filming at 960 instead of 1080. It's a 4:3 ratio (unfortunately a little more square that widescreen), but gives a much better perspective for helmet cam filming. Give it a whirl and see if you like it. I find it gives a much taller field of view and nice viewing perspective.

Thanks! On my new camera; the Hero is a cheaper camera and doesn't have 960 as an option,, It can film in 1080 30fps or 720 60fps

Thats one of the disadvantages of the cheaper camera.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hopped on the laptop and you can select 1080. So it did upload in 1080 so you know. The old iphone only allows 720 as a selection for some reason.

And in r4 mode a 7-9 minute clip here in the city with good internet still takes over night to do. So a good 7 plus hours

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hopped on the laptop and you can select 1080. So it did upload in 1080 so you know. The old iphone only allows 720 as a selection for some reason.

And in r4 mode a 7-9 minute clip here in the city with good internet still takes over night to do. So a good 7 plus hours

Ok cool thanks,, just have to play with my computer settings I guess,, I'm not really too computer savy,,,haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today was bluebird and really cold...lol I have a few pics I'll post later tonight,, But I had to share this lil story now.

So my phone chit the bed today, so I rushed to get to the Telus store before it closed and had to park at this insurance company's parking lot about a block away.
I was in a rush so I kinda parked like a jack azz.

So I get my new phone, go back to my truck and this guy from the insurance company comes out and starts walking towards my truck,, I figure hes going to give me
chit for my parking job,, well he tells me some azzhat was trying to rip off my sled! But they noticed him and he took off,, he was in a 90's regular cab POS Blue 2 tone Ford...
I drove around for a half hour trying to locate this prick with full intensions of fawking up his program... Never found him,, but keep an eye out for this goof....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would let the local cops know about that truck. I have to be honest, it wouldn't be the first 90's 2 tone regular cab Ford I have seen in Revy being kinda sketchy.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today was bluebird and really cold...lol I have a few pics I'll post later tonight,, But I had to share this lil story now.

So my phone chit the bed today, so I rushed to get to the Telus store before it closed and had to park at this insurance company's parking lot about a block away.
I was in a rush so I kinda parked like a jack azz.

So I get my new phone, go back to my truck and this guy from the insurance company comes out and starts walking towards my truck,, I figure hes going to give me
chit for my parking job,, well he tells me some azzhat was trying to rip off my sled! But they noticed him and he took off,, he was in a 90's regular cab POS Blue 2 tone Ford...
I drove around for a half hour trying to locate this prick with full intensions of fawking up his program... Never found him,, but keep an eye out for this goof....
Hey did ya finally get with the program and get a smart stupid phone???

So u can take a video for us when u fawk his program up??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey did ya finally get with the program and get a smart stupid phone???

So u can take a video for us when u fawk his program up??

Nope,, another flip phone...lol But It can take vid haha

Top Bottom