A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries,, id like the Res at the top on the rear shock also,, Im sure there is a reason they dont do it that way though:beer:

Your rear shock shaft to cross shaft clearence is like .020 thou. It just wouldn't psychically fit with the shock body at the top of the tunnel.

and for your rear you want that knob facing down, facing up and it will contact with the track when the suspension cycles.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your rear shock shaft to cross shaft clearence is like .020 thou. It just wouldn't psychically fit with the shock body at the top of the tunnel.

and for your rear you want that knob facing down, facing up and it will contact with the track when the suspension cycles.

That Makes sense:beer:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Raptors on my t3 174. Front shock on the skid has the reservoir at 90 degrees to the track on drivers side of the sled, the rear shock reservoir is facing down like you mention as the reservoir would contact the cross shaft if it faced up.. Makes it a little more difficult to adjust.

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
I think he's saying to mount the reservoir at the top up near the tunnel?? In that case the bushings wouldnt work as far as I can tell? I can get Jonathon from RPS to answer this question. Might take a couple days cause it Christmas though:beer:

Dan sent me an email last night about the questions on this thread. Jake can better explain the mounting than I can. We'll have to wait until he gets back from vacation this weekend. Knowing Jake he has a good reason for doing it this way but I won't have an answer until then.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
I removed one strap on mine, but the top bushings are metal and held in with 2 c-clips and the bottom bushings are a poly urethane or plastic or something.
I never really looked, but I don't think the bottom has the grooves for the c-clips to hold the bushings in? I didnt look real close though so maybe it does?

Jonathon will be able to answer that question:beer:

On the top it's actually not a bushing but a pressed in spherical bearing with retaining clips. The black bushings are hard Delrin material which we machine to a light press fit as well to make sure they don't fall out during installation. There are retaining ring grooves under those Delrin bushings as some shocks have a spherical bearing in that end as well depending on the configuration.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost a Gopro this week up on the mountain and didnt want to pay 500$ for the pimp daddy Hero4 again so
I'm going to try out the Hero,, only was 200$ records in 1080p so hopefully it works good. No point paying 500$
with the way they get smashed off trees ext.

I'll get some video up here asap,, now that im like a 1000$ into gopro's I better at least put up some good vid...

This sledding is expensive! I swear a crack habbit would be cheaper and probably safer too...lol

http://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2014/09/herofront.jpg

If you are looking for even less expensive options in the future look into the SJCAM SJ4000. If you have some time read up on the actual SJCAM version as there are even knock offs of the knock off. The wifi version is about $100 the non wifi $80.

I will be trying one out. By all the reviews it's just as good for most people's use and YouTube vids and records sharper than the go pro and uses all the go pro mounts.

A few winters ago I lost my go pro after not tethering. Pissed me right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the top it's actually not a bushing but a pressed in spherical bearing with retaining clips. The black bushings are hard Delrin material which we machine to a light press fit as well to make sure they don't fall out during installation. There are retaining ring grooves under those Delrin bushings as some shocks have a spherical bearing in that end as well depending on the configuration.

Thanks Jonathon!:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for even less expensive options in the future look into the SJCAM SJ4000. If you have some time read up on the actual SJCAM version as there are even knock offs of the knock off. The wifi version is about $100 the non wifi $80.

I will be trying one out. By all the reviews it's just as good for most people's use and YouTube vids and records sharper than the go pro and uses all the go pro mounts.

A few winters ago I lost my go pro after not tethering. Pissed me right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'll check those out. Yeah the new Gopro's prices are getting ridiculous,, The New Hero was only 169$ at Future shop so thats not to,to bad:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was doing a little more work on the sled today and I had to pull the muffler to get at the chain case. What a heavy, bulky Pos that muffler is,,, I am digging
the quietness, but holy fawk,, I just cant do it,, that thing has to go:Snowmobile1:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was doing a little more work on the sled today and I had to pull the muffler to get at the chain case. What a heavy, bulky Pos that muffler is,,, I am digging
the quietness, but holy fawk,, I just cant do it,, that thing has to go:Snowmobile1:

go get a Thing Can from the Sled Shed and your muff pot problem is solved

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, those hot gourmet meals at elevation are awesome! Limited only by the imagination; shrimp, scallops, and many left-over combinations.

IMG_3423.jpg

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Yep good Idea,, think I'll go talk to Pete tomorrow:beer:

Just watch the little wire harness right behind the can above the recoil.
Gibsons noticed that The Thing Can was giving off alot of heat and was starting to melt the outer protective sleeve covering the wiring on his new T3.
He used the silver metal tape to protect it.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watch the little wire harness right behind the can above the recoil.
Gibsons noticed that The Thing Can was giving off alot of heat and was starting to melt the outer protective sleeve covering the wiring on his new T3.
He used the silver metal tape to protect it.....
Yes that happened on mine, but then any can will do this,

I sticky foil taped a bunch of stuff on that side, even my pull cord body

Guess what, it quit sticking and not pulling engine over after I covered it from heat... With stock can too

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was sicked today!! epic deep pow,,, didnt take many pics,,, playin with the Gopro today,,, now to see if I can post it now haha

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sick run today late night epic sick gnarly steep tree pokes and creek smashing on the pipe all day another good run dan best of the year by far!

Top Bottom