850s with no issues

Jgibos

Reaction score
I know a die hard axys rider that tried to sell his axys and buy a 850 after spending the weekend with a few guys with the new G4. So yes there is lots of guys happy with there's. Ran into 2 guys at boulder last weekend that loved there's too. Guys need to remember that the " boy oh boy "thread is a play to get your digs in and the other threads are meant to help guys put.

What year is his axys? Interested in a trade for a doo 850?

Daniel475

Reaction score
sucked a full tank yesterday in Whistler , snow was deep and im at 400km on belt and no signs of it letting go ! so far so good

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I biotched on two threads about the 850 so I will put the good stuff here.
Rode at Chappel.

Even on break in mode it pulls better than XM.
Waist deep snow and does it ever climb! Will be even better with some suspension adjustments to help keep front down.
Very very quick throttle reponse.
Minimal input required, way over steering sled, carves amazingly well.
Also holds a sidehill very well - shoveled a couple times due to too much rider input.
It climbs! Did I mention that already?!
Holds RPM steady no matter how many times on and off the throttle per pull.
Takes trail well - hit 105ish a couple times on the way down - no biggie whoops.
No sure on power gain over XM since still on break in but seems to tac out way quicker.
It pulls hard and it climbs.....did I mention that already?!

OK been home two days and still feel it in my elbows and shoulder blades.
Did I mention that it pulls hard and really climbs?!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sucked a full tank yesterday in Whistler , snow was deep and im at 400km on belt and no signs of it letting go ! so far so good
Check your fuel tank vent. We had one in our shop did same thing and customer had pinched line off when he put his wrap on somehow. Tank went back to normal after the line was found by our tech.

snowhunter

Reaction score
Haven't got many miles on mine yet but my biggest complaint is the fat bastard riding it....this sled responds so fast to input....comibg of a 174t3 this thing is a beast can't wait to get more time on it ...belt still looks perfect and front end is tougher took a couple pretty good hits coming down the low snow trails....once I get used to it this will be a great sled

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Check your fuel tank vent. We had one in our shop did same thing and customer had pinched line off when he put his wrap on somehow. Tank went back to normal after the line was found by our tech.
The dealer in brooks here, his some had a tank that was pressuring up and ended up blowing a line off and caused a fire. He has also heard off some that have been sucking tanks in.

He did also say though hold on tight before smashing the throttle or it will pull the bars out of your hands. The wife is getting pretty excited to ride hers. 2 more days.

Last edited:

Kruchy

Reaction score
Haven't rode it. Posted in wrong thread

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]They said the new 850 will go anywhere. Well they are not far off [/FONT]

not me, saw this online and decided it looked kinda cute. :)

Attachments

• 15192781_712436408934635_8845394000847725085_n.jpg
    15192781_712436408934635_8845394000847725085_n.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 527

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 850 is almost off of break in (18%) left no belt issues but i added a couple vents on clutch side before i rode it ...thing seems to rip right off the get go and can sidehill like crazy without any wash out ....only complaint is i gotta tell myself not to lean so hard when i carve cause it is very responsive compared to my xp

Demon700

Reaction score
I got 750 miles on my 850 165 and love it! No belt issues but have rode with guys that have blown belts. On long pulls I can smell belt and have adjusted my secondary 3 times already. I stop often to cool the clutch off as well. Track does have a bit more vibration to it but not a big deal. The power and response is awesome, fuel mileage is good, oil goes a bit quick but whatever. I did have the brake side front ski shock fade beyond tolerable and warranty fixed that. Other then that small stuff the sled has been excellent with no issues!! I am a happy customer for sure and would recommend one to anybody!!

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0417.jpg
50% broke in and the tree in the pic is the smallest thing on the mountain I've hit, haha. Only mod was clutch side venting just like I've done with the other 6 brp sleds I've owned and belt/clutches look like new, no belt dust at all yet. Amazing power, handles well, climbs ok, trenches a lot but possibly due to oversized rider . Long story short this is the most impressive stock machine I've ever rode, better than my xp chasis that was boosted in fact. After the first day you learn not to over ride it and away you go. All the negative nellies on the problems thread can suck it, this sled flat out rocks, if you don't expect some problems with a first year production recreational vehicle maybe you should take up a new hobbie, I hear under water basket weaving is all the rage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
280 km original belt 154x3, had oil leaking onto primary clutch but caught it without any belt issues, sway bar is taken right out and was bouncing off stumps in fernie all weekend and looks good as new. Great machine so far that throttle response is unreal

Attachments

• IMG_6537.jpg
    IMG_6537.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 493

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Issues at all 725 Km and 9 days on the beast
Love it, Love it, & Love it
I have broken the belt in real well and still on the original belt
So many great things to say about this sled
Flat out rocks

Best sled I have ever owned
Feel bad for the few guys with issues and Doo hope they can work them out as I know they want it to work

Birdie:cool:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800kms 165 X still running original belt and best stock sled I have ever owned and I have bought a few..... doos cats and poos and even a few whales(Yamaha) my 15 174 is way better on oil than the new G4 but no problems yet

snowhunter

Reaction score
So glad to hear positive things....ive only got 4 days on mine so far but am falling in love with it has ran perfect great power original belt and have hit some hard things and everything is mint up front...just hope the problem sleds get dealt with by brp.....i know what it feels like to be that guy

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

svtman

Reaction score
Don't usually post here but so far so good with mine. Have just over 250km on it and so far power is great, getting used to the handling which is much more responsive than my XM and watching my fuel level drop! Biggest problem I've got is that I burned a whole tank of fuel (guage was showing zero bars) and yet I only could put in 27L of fuel. Whats up with that???

Also hit a big rock on the last day of riding. Glad I was going relatively slow but it was enough to launch me over the handlbars and hurt my wrist. Only casualty was an upper A-Arm and my front ski plastic is a bit bent from the hit.

Cheers!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Don't usually post here but so far so good with mine. Have just over 250km on it and so far power is great, getting used to the handling which is much more responsive than my XM and watching my fuel level drop! Biggest problem I've got is that I burned a whole tank of fuel (guage was showing zero bars) and yet I only could put in 27L of fuel. Whats up with that???

Also hit a big rock on the last day of riding. Glad I was going relatively slow but it was enough to launch me over the handlbars and hurt my wrist. Only casualty was an upper A-Arm and my front ski plastic is a bit bent from the hit.

Cheers!!
curious... did you disconnect your sway bar?

Top Bottom