850s with no issues

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you read what Norora said in the 850 vs Axys thread? Just confirmed my thoughts, nothing will change mechanically.

He basically said it was a tiny group having issues and early season snow/rocks causing bulkheads.

If on the chance they do make changes what happens to all the guys who bought these machines this season? Rung out to dry?

That would be a yes. BRP is NOT going to warranty any more bulkheads or clutch issues.
ALL repairs are on your nickel. Enjoy your sled.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you read what Norora said in the 850 vs Axys thread? Just confirmed my thoughts, nothing will change mechanically.

He basically said it was a tiny group having issues and early season snow/rocks causing bulkheads.

If on the chance they do make changes what happens to all the guys who bought these machines this season? Rung out to dry?
Norona makes some nice sledding video's and explains new PAC functionality for BRP as an ambassador but I can assure you he does not make policy for BRP on product. We will see I guess? In my experience in the industry usually when a manufacturer starts admitting fault on something they usually come clean in the end be it public pressure or government policy forcing them to.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His pushing and marketing of the sled turned me off from it even more than the sled itself.

Ive been riding doo long enough to know, that first year anything from them is a huge risk. Putting a new engine, chassis, and clutch, out the same time is a first for them, and I don't have the time or the patience anymore to be apart of the snocheck R@D.

For those who stepped up and purchased one, I thank you.

The 850's I rode, I enjoyed them very much, but Id rather snap a A-Arm than a bulkhead. If doo thinks there are no issues with energy transfer to the bulkhead than so be it, I can ride a bent xm way longer and harder than a 850 with cracks in the bulkhead.
Where are all the bent xm bulkhead threads??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
his pushing and marketing of the sled turned me off from it even more than the sled itself.

Ive been riding doo long enough to know, that first year anything from them is a huge risk. Putting a new engine, chassis, and clutch, out the same time is a first for them, and i don't have the time or the patience anymore to be apart of the snocheck r@d.

For those who stepped up and purchased one, i thank you.

The 850's i rode, i enjoyed them very much, but id rather snap a a-arm than a bulkhead. If doo thinks there are no issues with energy transfer to the bulkhead than so be it, i can ride a bent xm way longer and harder than a 850 with cracks in the bulkhead.
Where are all the bent xm bulkhead threads??
Sent from my ipad using tapatalk

actually there are quite a few cracked emodules and smodules that have been replaced... My daughter hit a small stump(and not very hard) with left front ski on her xp 146" summit and she replaced the e & s modules and left control arms and it was good to go... I know of several others as well

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Biut are they 850's. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Norona makes some nice sledding video's and explains new PAC functionality for BRP as an ambassador but I can assure you he does not make policy for BRP on product. We will see I guess? In my experience in the industry usually when a manufacturer starts admitting fault on something they usually come clean in the end be it public pressure or government policy forcing them to.

Im aware he doesn't make decisions, but you have to assume he has knowledge of future moves and if he's talking like he is, then a reasonable inference would suggest that the machines will have nothing changed.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually there are quite a few cracked emodules and smodules that have been replaced... My daughter hit a small stump(and not very hard) with left front ski on her xp 146" summit and she replaced the e & s modules and left control arms and it was good to go... I know of several others as well

Yes I have done one on my 09 as well bud. But the hit I gave the s module bent the spars and wrecked the module. No cracked parts it's way more common for a xm to bend than crack a module.

The only cast that is in the e/s module on a xm is the spars and the rest of the module is made out of pressed aluminum. The left and right cast spar for the emodule can be replaced without replacing the emodule if the spar cracks. Very rare on a xm but I have seen a spar crack and not bend the module.

The 850 has 90% cast in the module.
If you have ever picked up a 850 module you'll be shocked how light it is for the size of the part. The 850 module is brittle in comparison to the xm and it's evident in the reported damage some have sustained.

I just came from my dealer and there was a customer there saying that he blew a belt on his 850 at 500 miles. He said he thought the belt life was great, and as happy with that, one guy piped up and said I get 500miles on my boosted xm.

My point is no change or improvement will be made if a problem is not recognized or ignored by the owner.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have done one on my 09 as well bud. But the hit I gave the s module bent the spars and wrecked the module. No cracked parts it's way more common for a xm to bend than crack a module.

The only cast that is in the e/s module on a xm is the spars and the rest of the module is made out of pressed aluminum. The left and right cast spar for the emodule can be replaced without replacing the emodule if the spar cracks. Very rare on a xm but I have seen a spar crack and not bend the module.

The 850 has 90% cast in the module.
If you have ever picked up a 850 module you'll be shocked how light it is for the size of the part. The 850 module is brittle in comparison to the xm and it's evident in the reported damage some have sustained.

I just came from my dealer and there was a customer there saying that he blew a belt on his 850 at 500 miles. He said he thought the belt life was great, and as happy with that, one guy piped up and said I get 500miles on my boosted xm.

My point is no change or improvement will be made if a problem is not recognized or ignored by the owner.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!
And I double dog dare any hard core doolaider or dealer ON THIS SITE to prove that BRP is going to help a 2017 owner that is one of the unfortunate to actually be experiencing issues.
NOT gonna happen because BRP is NOT providing further warranty assistance.
PERIOD!!

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

Now go line up for your 2018.

lol

parthunter

Reaction score
Felt removed , swaybar removed ! 700 km on first belt , hit hardly a tree with a right a arm , nothing wrong with bulkhead a arm lightly bent ( fixed in 20 min) , perfect sled !

16409492_1197564270358757_326966701_o.jpg

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Bingo!!!!!!!!!
And I double dog dare any hard core doolaider or dealer ON THIS SITE to prove that BRP is going to help a 2017 owner that is one of the unfortunate to actually be experiencing issues.
NOT gonna happen because BRP is NOT providing further warranty assistance.
PERIOD!!

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

Now go line up for your 2018.

lol

How dare you speak the truth. Big gang of wrapped helmet wearing dootards gonna pelt you with monster drink cans. Then they gonna call you a liar at the same time they lay out 5k to repair their game changer.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1100 Kms on my 850X still original belt.... all mountain Kms to the bar.... I have hit rocks stumps and the odd tree and she is straight as an arrow.... my only complaint is the oil consumption....5 full jugs in 1100kms.... but love the ride.... checked my average fuel usage on the display and it reads 29.8 litres per 100 Kms..... my 15 174 T3 was way better on oil and fuel than the new ride...... my point is if you hit --it hard enough things break or bend period......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
1100 Kms on my 850X still original belt.... my only complaint is the oil consumption....5 full jugs in 1100kms.... .

1300+ on my G4 and 550 km on my wife's and I just opened the 4th jug this morning. Our kms aren't all to the bar but yours seems to be burning more than average. Both sleds on stock belt.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two stock 850s blew there belts this weekend in the deep and not broke in yet.. that bro belt could be the weak spot I'm thinking

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Sicamous. The G4 165 ran great. No belt issues as of yet ,also the sled is now out of break-in period. 350 miles. Did notice some black marks on the primary however. I Removed the belt and it looks good. I will wash it with soap and water to get any residue off.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Day 1: rode the legendary Fernie pow hard
Day 2: rode the legendary Fernie pow until 2 pm and then rode in glue due to warming temps
Day 3: rode on a rain crust and great face shots busting through the crust.

6 G4's and not a belt problem. There were various stages of break-in and two machines finished with break-in. One machine burned 35.3 liters on one of the days (one of our sleds). The two machines that I know quite well have 1400 km and 600+ km. All these sleds are running on the stock belt and no issues. All sleds have the foam/felt removed and modifications have been done to the CVT. I agree that we shouldn't have to modify the CVT but if you want the belt to last..............

IMHO, the belt issue on the G4 is blown way out of proportion. Yes, there are sleds that are having problems but those are in the minority and I'm thinking a good, well trained BRP technician could find the problem. I'm a happy camper with two well running G4's in the family.

indyxcsp

Reaction score
980 kms with a completely original 850 154 3" Gen 4. No foam removed, no clutch covers cut just like it came from factory. Runs flawless, original belt. Serviced at Dealership once. Never been happier with a sled.... Added some LED Headlights because..... I just couldn't leave it stock.

Top Bottom