850s with no issues

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aside from Maxwell is there anyone enjoying their 850 and not having issues or are the 20+ pages of complaints common to every sled.

Clutching seems to be the one issue that will actually have cost to the owner if dealer not helpful.

Must be a couple happy stories or should I just burn it in the driveway and start over on a Poo?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
waiting for snow sucks, I have a new sled waiting to be ridden also and when I read some negative stuff about them elsewhere I wonder if I made the right choice lol...waiting for snow sucks

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a die hard axys rider that tried to sell his axys and buy a 850 after spending the weekend with a few guys with the new G4. So yes there is lots of guys happy with there's. Ran into 2 guys at boulder last weekend that loved there's too. Guys need to remember that the " boy oh boy "thread is a play to get your digs in and the other threads are meant to help guys put.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am waiting for snow. Bopper says "it is really good and a rad December" but I'm a little skeptical. Only one day and that was a walk in the park trail ride. A total of 18.5 km with no issues. Sled was well cleaned and everything was like the last 5 years of a Doo out of the box.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just under 500km- no issues what-so-ever. Best ride out there! Pulled all the clutch side foam/felt. Drilled holes in clutch cover for cooling and created venting in clutch panel for air flow.

noob

Reaction score
I'm under the 200 km mark on mine and no issues. sold my axys and turbo'd apex and bought this sled and couldn't be happier I made the switch. still got some more km's to put on before the supposed 200-250 km issue period. Can't wait to get back out and ride this sled. Love it!!

indyxcsp

Reaction score
I just broke 100 KMs of easy riding. I love this thing! I know it's not a lot but this week I plan to put on a couple hundred more!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well nice to see not all doom and gloom for the G4.
Much better to hear some positive reports.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
11 days of riding on mine now, all of them have been a blast. First 8 were incident free, last 3 I have had problems plus a few things were missed on the PDI. I knew when I ordered mine to expect some issues, to expect otherwise with a new engine and chassis is just not realistic. Overall I am still happy with the machine, it is a huge step up from the XM's and I am sure most of the issues will be sorted out over time.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11 days of riding on mine now, all of them have been a blast. First 8 were incident free, last 3 I have had problems plus a few things were missed on the PDI. I knew when I ordered mine to expect some issues, to expect otherwise with a new engine and chassis is just not realistic. Overall I am still happy with the machine, it is a huge step up from the XM's and I am sure most of the issues will be sorted out over time.
When we going for a rip??

sent while drinking tea's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the Boost It boys today. They have been doing some hard testing on there G4's with there new turbo setups and report the belts still look new? Very happy so far they tell me.

Evils33d

Reaction score
so... none of you guys are overrevving on your sleds??... mine is reving up to 8300-8400 rmp at clicker #1 at about 1500-2000m. I havent blown a belt yet, but it seems like I need different weights in the clutch to bring it down to 7900-8000rpm.
also when rooping in deep pow the primary and secondary get crazy hot.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the Boost It boys today. They have been doing some hard testing on there G4's with there new turbo setups and report the belts still look new? Very happy so far they tell me.

With stock clutch parts ??

Rulonjj

Reaction score
We have two 165x3's in our group. 130 miles with nothing but awesomeness. No belt wear at all. These sleds climb and sidehill sidehill like a beast. My biggest complaint is I over ride it a lot. These sleds set the bar for throttle response. It is instant and powerful. I am super impressed.

KellyTataryn

Reaction score
I've rode 250km with my 850 and have had no issues. THIS THING PULLS HARD!!!! Coolant bottle was modified a long with the removal of all my foam and felt. Can't wait to get this sled out to west after Christmas.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so... none of you guys are overrevving on your sleds??... mine is reving up to 8300-8400 rmp at clicker #1 at about 1500-2000m. I havent blown a belt yet, but it seems like I need different weights in the clutch to bring it down to 7900-8000rpm.
also when rooping in deep pow the primary and secondary get crazy hot.

Maybe you are seeing those high RPM's because the belt is slipping??

Top Bottom