800 dragon reflash?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 09 800 is in cycleworks south waiting for a short block assembly right now.
asked them about reflash he said not to his knowlege,but said he was asked about 10 times today.go figuire!!!!!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I just got back from Cycle Works Edmonton. I asked the service department about the update. They know about the update (because there have been a steady stream of people asking them about it), but the problem is that the have not received any information from Polaris. Cycle Works has asked Polaris to tell them what is going on, but until they get some sort of a directive from Polaris, there isn’t much Cycle Works can do. The service department is taking names and numbers, and will be contacting customers as soon as things are on the go. Hopefully in the next few days.

GRD

Reaction score
OK I just got back from Cycle Works Edmonton. I asked the service department about the update. They know about the update (because there have been a steady stream of people asking them about it), but the problem is that the have not received any information from Polaris. Cycle Works has asked Polaris to tell them what is going on, but until they get some sort of a directive from Polaris, there isn’t much Cycle Works can do. The service department is taking names and numbers, and will be contacting customers as soon as things are on the go. Hopefully in the next few days.

I sent the link to my dealer and he also said he has to wait to here back from Polaris before he can do anything as well. Guess it won't be done before I leave for McBride this evening.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the reflash a couple weeks ago. Took it for a 50 mile run. Works great, no more 2000 rpm drop. Hopefully this is the end of my problems. Yahoo Polaris!!! Maybe I'll be able to salvage what's left of the season!!

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the reflash a couple weeks ago. Took it for a 50 mile run. Works great, no more 2000 rpm drop. Hopefully this is the end of my problems. Yahoo Polaris!!! Maybe I'll be able to salvage what's left of the season!!

They're doing the same thing on my 08 700 right now, was told previously by same dealer that the 700s didn't need it.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get yours done? Cycle works still hasn’t called me. I guess I’ll have to call them today.:mad:

I talked to Cycle Works Yesterday and they said that the next time the sled is in the truck just stop by and they will do it for me.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got the new update. CW wanted me to leave the sled with them until next week.:mad: I told them I was heading to Revelstoke on Saturday, and they said bring it in. Done in half an hour. :)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 08 re-flash is a must. what it does is changes the fuel mapping to the 09 settings. if you look under your hood there are some wires that are disconnected just above the spark plug holder. you should also advise your shop if they havent done it yet to check for any scoring on the heads and cylinders especially if you have been running 94 octane fuel. had mine re-flashed and the mid range bog has been fixed, this seems to be the case for everyone i know. the re-flash and cylinder check should be free as it was a manufacture defect covered by warranty.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 08 re-flash is a must. what it does is changes the fuel mapping to the 09 settings. if you look under your hood there are some wires that are disconnected just above the spark plug holder. you should also advise your shop if they havent done it yet to check for any scoring on the heads and cylinders especially if you have been running 94 octane fuel. had mine re-flashed and the mid range bog has been fixed, this seems to be the case for everyone i know. the re-flash and cylinder check should be free as it was a manufacture defect covered by warranty.

It turns out the last reflash on mine was the one in early December.....I had mine go back to doing the same thing.....I can now say that mine does for sure have the Jan 27/09 reflash...I was able to witness this myself and even see a trouble code that was coming up. I'm going to try it again this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it that the public hears about most updates like this before the dealers? Isn't that kind of pathetic?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran with the new flash in Revy all weekend. The sled ran great! I haven’t run the sled around home since before getting the update, so I can’t make a direct comparison. Hopefully I’ll have a chance this weekend.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is the low down on the re-flash...just got mine done... 09 800dragon 163"

The re-flash fixes the mid range lean-spots from 5000 to 6300,,, if you did not notice this and held it on the trail at that rpm,,, you would have detonated.

1 - there is still a hot spot at about 6000 to 6200 rpm... be carefull do not hold it at this rpm,,, this is lean and you will det.

2- if you have the RE-FLASH...JAN 27/09... your dealer should have asked you what fuel you run.... if you said only staright prem... NOT ETHANOL BLENDED... he would have hooked up the eth wires and told you to run it this way with the NEW fuel mapping... a tip... if you are ditch or field banging around home, disconect this an it will run rich to help save a burn down, also if you are on a low elva trail before you hit elev..

3- weight up your primary it will help run cooler..

4- run iridium plugs.... i am and have noticed the difference...

These melt downs people are experiencing are from not knowing.... eg. going down hard pack trail,,, holding it at 5500rpm, engine has no load, hits lean spot and they donot know, BANG..your done...

Before I got the re-flash I new everytime it hit this lean spot and keep blurping the throttle through it and keep riding with no probs...

These new Dragons 09- 800 are great sleds... I ate up XP's all weekend and M8's well never mined....

I know you well all say well #$%%$%# Polaris should have had this off the start before they hit the slopes,,,, look at it this way.... they learn from us and make their product better...

Anyways sorry to be long winded but hope this helps some of you hard core Poo riders...:d

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing my dealer was told to do was remove the exhaust valve hose from my altitude solenoid (attached to the left shock tower) and plug the hose end. The exhaust valves open to quick at lower elevations, this fix has it run off the crankcase pressure like normal. I have to plug it back in when I go to the mountains. Hope this helps. Thanks for the info on the reflash.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::cool:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well got mine back today heading out tomorrow to burn some breakin gas.dealer put everything back way it came, exhaust valves are hooked up, fuel wires hooked up.they also checked fuel pressure,tps, and changed all sensors.told me to ride easy for couple hours then ride like it's stolen.seen invoice on motor $7809.00 cost me $38.00 . i guess we will see what happen's now.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good News Timbo, I ran a tank of gas through mine and it seemed to run really good. I'm headed up to McBride on the 20th.....so I want to run another tank through it to make sure it's going to run like it should. I'll never live down the heckling from the boys if I have to pull it off the mountains. Good luck with yours.

Top Bottom