800 dragon reflash?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are waiting to have done to a local sled here.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have'nt heard of a reflash on the 800 dragon yet, however the Cat 800 & 1000's (2007's, F's and M's) needed the "reflash" as the mid range was WAY to rich. The mapping for these cats in '07 was programmed rich so that these "new" engines were at less risk of meltdown... they were so rich that a lot of guys were melting the plastic panels around the can. Flaming out the exhaust was common. :confused: The rich mapping created way too much heat in the pipe and can and killed performance. Cat issued a reflash on these sleds and they run better after the reflash. My brother had his done as well as a few other guys I ride with, all 1000's.

When the mid range is too rich the engine will load up and run like crap... have to wind it out for a while to clear it up... until it loads up again. :(

I'm guessing that Polaris probably is facing similar issues as the 800 is a new mill. The manufacturers program the New engines rich the first year so they have less warranty claims :rolleyes:

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the run down of why he has a midrange bog, but I think he wanted to know if anyone has heard of a fix on the way

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, thats why I didn't write anything, just trying to keep the thread based on what the creator was asking.... hope thats ok?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

PS there is a fix for that mid-range bog on all the 2strokes............ buy a Yamaha! sorry, just had to say it. ;)
I know that the Dragon 7's work good, but haven't had much seat time on the 8's yet. The 7's RIP!!!!

RN:specool:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any one hear of 800 dragon reflash for mid range flat spot?

Mrcelo... From what I have heard and seen, the Polaris 800 mill is a solid performer! You have obviously experienced the dreaded midrange bog. If this becomes common on these sleds, then I'm sure there will be a reflash soon. I'm sure Polaris will deal with the potential issue faster then Cat did in '07... It took them a year to address the "Too Rich" programming on their 8's and 1000's. :confused:

As far as the reflash on the '07 cats goes it was an improvement from my first hand experience... my brothers 1000. Not as much as we had hoped though.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mid range bog is the same as was happening on the 07's last year. The reflash is required to help the problem.

dragin8

Reaction score
mine had it.more like a rich bog. took it back and they did it again..works fine now

GRD

Reaction score
I talked to Cycle Works West last week about it. They said there is a re-flash for the 800s.

As far as I know, there is a reflash for the 2008 dragon's, nothing for the 2009's. I talked to a service guy at Cycle Works in Calgary, he said there is no reflash for the 2009's.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, there is a reflash for the 2008 dragon's, nothing for the 2009's. I talked to a service guy at Cycle Works in Calgary, he said there is no reflash for the 2009's.

Yeah that could be. Don't remember if we were talking about the 08s or 09s. I do remember asking him about problems with the 800s blowing engines, but of course, he "hadn't heard of any problems". I imagine he's changed his tune by now, as many of the peeps on here have had serious engine problems just recently.

GRD

Reaction score
there is a re-flash for 09's, got mine done today, just came in from banging on it for a couple hrs,and it certianly made a big difference, is it perfect, no. but I'll quit bitching for now,or til I get some more miles on it.

Who is your dealer???

GRD

Reaction score
Boundary RV/Marine in lloyd

Need to get them to call my dealer... Talked to him this evening and said there was nothing... Wonder if certain dealers get them first!

Top Bottom