7 million plug-ins on the road by 2025

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything heavily subsidized by a government is not a good thing, especially if it comes with gag orders. Don't think Albertas windmills will work any better than Ontarios. And bottom line dealing with dirty power is extremely expensive to fix. Shut down the coal fired plants because burning coal is bad and yet the making of steal to build the windmills requires coal.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta may have up to 500 trillion cubic feet, BC has 2933 trillion cubic feet. Alberta sometimes claims BC as Alberta and has a tough time knowing were the borders are. Even when sledding they figure Kakwa is in Alberta.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta may have up to 500 trillion cubic feet, BC has 2933 trillion cubic feet. Alberta sometimes claims BC as Alberta and has a tough time knowing were the borders are. Even when sledding they figure Kakwa is in Alberta.
Haha. Pretty funny. The Kakwa Wildlands park straddles the border of BC and Alberta so covers both provinces. Pretty plainly marked where we cross into BC. As to the eastern parts of BC, the north's easiest access is from Alberta. Alberta also has the energy infrastructure to tap into and transport natural gas. The southeast relies a great deal on tourism and investment from Albertans. Many of the BC residents of those two areas go to Alberta to buy things without PST. Seems to me a relationship that works good both ways

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bc should burn some natural gas then. No need to ruin rivers and burn coal then lol

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bc should burn some natural gas then. No need to ruin rivers and burn coal then lol

Not sure BC does burn coal, could be wrong but I'm pretty sure with the exception of the few co-gen plants we get everything from hydro

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not care what is Alberta or BC, Fort stjohn is even Alberta time what the frig. We need our dam to through even then it would not supply enough power to charge your electric cars and compensate for phasing out all your coal fired plants. You guys need someone at the helm that has some common sense....oh wait so do we now. Christy Clark was dam near as good as Ralphy,

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure BC does burn coal, could be wrong but I'm pretty sure with the exception of the few co-gen plants we get everything from hydro

Yeah that could be. Some big dams not too far
from where I'm at

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC hydro does not have any coal fired plants, 4 natural gas plants though, 2 of which are solely own by BC Hydro and even a solar power plant under contract with BChydo and quite a few wind mills. Some diesel plants in remote areas as well.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything heavily subsidized by a government is not a good thing, especially if it comes with gag orders. Don't think Albertas windmills will work any better than Ontarios. And bottom line dealing with dirty power is extremely expensive to fix. Shut down the coal fired plants because burning coal is bad and yet the making of steal to build the windmills requires coal.

You do understand that steel making takes a small fraction of the amount of coal that is used to generate electricity don't you? It takes approximately 1 year to pay back the energy used to build and install a wind turbine, after that the next 24 years of its design life produce low emission energy.

I do not care what is Alberta or BC, Fort stjohn is even Alberta time what the frig. We need our dam to through even then it would not supply enough power to charge your electric cars and compensate for phasing out all your coal fired plants. You guys need someone at the helm that has some common sense....oh wait so do we now. Christy Clark was dam near as good as Ralphy,

Sorry bud, but Christy doesn't even play in the same league as Ralph Klein. The BC Liberals added $29 Billion in debt to the province of BC between 2002 and 2016. Ralph Klein paid for our debt in full, set up a heritage fund, and gave every man women and child a $400 cheque because we had so much money.

Not to mention Alberta has lots of natural gas, we will generate electricity off of that, so we really don't need your dam.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fort stjohn is even Alberta time what the frig.

Just so you know, the southeast corner of BC is also on Alberta time. On the TCH it changes west of Golden and on highway #3 it changes in and/or around Creston. Creston itself does not change time (it stays the same year round), they move the sign apparently.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fsj doesn't run Alberta time, they just don't change, same as Dawson Creek, I think McBride and as mentioned the east Kootenays. Christy Clark didn't do much, pretty much rode the shirt tails of good times, the real changes came in during the Gordon Campbell times. I was in Alberta during king Ralph's era. There was a politician with balls, but like all good regimes things needed to change and the party couldn't hold it together. CC and RK aren't even in the same ball game, like comparing Gretzky to Kevin Lowe.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge both the revi damn and Mica damn send power direct to the good old USA

This may be true, this power may be sold to the US. But when the Columbia River Treaty was signed in 1961 a portion of the power generated by the US hydro dams has to be given to BC, this is due to the fact that the BC dams moderate the river levels making power generation at the US dams more favorable.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plenty of power to go around. I flip the switch in Revy the lights come on, same thing back in Berta.

If I had an electric car I could plug that in too.

If we need more power, we will produce more.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes a long time to reverse the effects of a what the NDP government did to us in the 90's, she manage to do it and was paying down the debt in the last few years. Alberta will find this out ...soon. Glad you think you know how much CO2 it takes to make steel.

Top Bottom