7 million plug-ins on the road by 2025

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally a study on how much CO2 to make those batteries...shocking. Great article Dave. It sounds to far fetched to even believe, but as long as gag orders do not come down. Eventually the truth might bubble to the surface.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon dioxide is plant food. Good god ur as bad as the "greenies"
windmills look cool imo. Not sure if they make any electricity though lol

IMG_0448.jpg

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those wanting park knowledge seeing as how you think it is partially Albertas here you go
x it - I had confess I can't really tell whether you are serious when making a post or are hopefully just joking around or maybe just do not have time to write a complete post. The above for instance seems to suggest that you believe Kakwa is all in BC when clearly the BC website shows a link for the Alberta portion of the park.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not care one bit about that 52weekbreak, just be glad we fight so you guys have some mountains to ride in. What I do car about is dip ****s like David Suzuki protesting at the dam to fight for his kickbacks on windmills.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a electrician today, that worked in chile on a 120mw solar array system that trudeau helped fund, and his opinion on solar changed after working on the system. All of those panels and you might get 3hours of 120mw of charging he said.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So according to this a 1MW windmill produces 241.85 tons of CO2 in its manufacturing.

Now a coal power plant produces 792lb of CO2 per MWh generated.

Now using an extremely low capacity factor for wind, 10% (Canadian average is about 30%) we can calculate its power production.
1MW*24hr/day*365day/yr*10%capacity factor=876MWh/year

Now we can calucalte the CO2 production for coal power:
876MW*796lbs/MWh / 2000lbs/ton=348.648tons

So over its first year, a wind turbine produced 348.648-241.85=106.798 tons less CO2 than a coal power plant, now keep in mind after its first year the turbine is essentially emission free. So for the next 24 years the turbine produces low emission power.

Its really great you can pull an article off the internet to prove yourself wrong.

Good day.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So according to this a 1MW windmill produces 241.85 tons of CO2 in its manufacturing.

Now a coal power plant produces 792lb of CO2 per MWh generated.

Now using an extremely low capacity factor for wind, 10% (Canadian average is about 30%) we can calculate its power production.
1MW*24hr/day*365day/yr*10%capacity factor=876MWh/year

Now we can calucalte the CO2 production for coal power:
876MW*796lbs/MWh / 2000lbs/ton=348.648tons

So over its first year, a wind turbine produced 348.648-241.85=106.798 tons less CO2 than a coal power plant, now keep in mind after its first year the turbine is essentially emission free. So for the next 24 years the turbine produces low emission power.

Its really great you can pull an article off the internet to prove yourself wrong.

Good day.

I think people get so caught up trying to disprove something, fact is a turbine will eventually pass a threshold and become carbon neutral and should effectively produce power without using carbon. Not sure how carbon became the scale we no measure everything on but I guess it is.

I guess it's the same idea with the electric car, of course it takes energy to build, everything does. But because it's requires no oil change and minimal maintenance eventually it should cross the same threshold, however turbines produce and cars use so the threshold would be much greater with the car

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another interesting post. Making effective reuse of all the crap we make would be helpful too. Personally getting real tired of plastic bags...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the NDP/Green coup, already this province has seen our liquefied natural gas plant gone, next on the block is site C. If your read the whole thing you will see what is green and what is cheaper. Dams are 1/2 the CO2 as windmills so why the hell was Suzuki there? People in Alberta may want to sign this too, buying power from us will be cheaper for you.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree on the plastic bags. Going to 3rd world countries is where you see the devastation of these nasty things! I would be onboard for 100% elimination.

Another interesting post. Making effective reuse of all the crap we make would be helpful too. Personally getting real tired of plastic bags...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree on the plastic bags. Going to 3rd world countries is where you see the devastation of these nasty things! I would be onboard for 100% elimination.

I believe the Yukon gave up on them. Amazing it's harder to find paper bags now a days

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the Yukon gave up on them. Amazing it's harder to find paper bags now a days

And to think we were all told to stop using paper bags because we had to cut down trees to get them, trees regrow and a paper bag degrades quite rapidly in the enviroment, a plastic one not so much.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to think we were all told to stop using paper bags because we had to cut down trees to get them, trees regrow and a paper bag degrades quite rapidly in the enviroment, a plastic one not so much.

We like the cardboard or paper option, definitely gets reused around here

Top Bottom