670 Mod Sled

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Last season i was wanting to make myself a mesh hood and since i crashed my sled into some trees and destroyed the hood i figured id take on the task of building one and while im at it, im making "snow elimitors" or "better boards" to beef up the flimzy running boards and get rid of the snow build up, im also making a light weight tube seat for some extra storage.

As for the motor it's being resleeved with 82.5 bore sleeves which will bump me up to 750cc and the necessary head modifications to match it with the compression being bumped to 12:1 then putting in some 44mm carbs with pro jets and pod filters. And the whole motor is going to be port matched and polished. And its thanks to "KORE" for a whole bunch of parts (spare motor, sleeves, egt gauges, carbs, pod filter, handle bars, etc). And thanks to "thunder guy" for a his jetting specs that he used on his 740BB and also to "Modman" for letting me pick his brain with countless questions.

Here's a picture of half of the hood done, the seat mounts in place
Picture 001.jpg

The Speedo and tach gauge mount and the egt gauges on the handle bars
IMG_5032.jpg

Picture of the stock seat
IMG_5034.jpg

Tube seat mounts
IMG_5033.jpg

Front view of the sled (forgot to rotate it)
IMG_5030.jpg

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last season i was wanting to make myself a mesh hood and since i crashed my sled into some trees and destroyed the hood i figured id take on the task of building one and while im at it, im making "snow elimitors" or "better boards" to beef up the flimzy running boards and get rid of the snow build up, im also making a light weight tube seat for some extra storage.

As for the motor it's being resleeved with 82.5 bore sleeves which will bump me up to 750cc and the necessary head modifications to match it with the compression being bumped to 12:1 then putting in some 44mm carbs with pro jets and pod filters. And the whole motor is going to be port matched and polished. And its thanks to "KORE" for a whole bunch of parts (spare motor, sleeves, egt gauges, carbs, pod filter, handle bars, etc). And thanks to "thunder guy" for a his jetting specs that he used on his 740BB and also to "Modman" for letting me pick his brain with countless questions.

Here's a picture of half of the hood done, the seat mounts in place
View attachment 66380

The Speedo and tach gauge mount and the egt gauges on the handle bars
View attachment 66382

Picture of the stock seat
View attachment 66383

Tube seat mounts
View attachment 66384

Front view of the sled (forgot to rotate it)
View attachment 66381

great start to your mesh hood!!

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Heres a close up of the snow eliminators, i still need to cut them out and bend up the tabs

IMG_5031.jpg

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may have a team roller for ya what size is your jackshaft and is it keyed and yes the price is right

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Heres an update its been a while it took me a few minutes to find this thread again :d

IMG_5064.jpg
this is the seat frame that i built i still need to put a fiberglass shell on top for the foam to sit on

IMG_5065.jpg
Rear view of the seat

IMG_5066.jpg
Snow eliminators 3/4 the way done just have to bend up the tabs and mount it to the sled:d

This monday i get my motor finally finished....and hopefully go break it in the following weekend :d

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres an update its been a while it took me a few minutes to find this thread again :d

View attachment 71334
this is the seat frame that i built i still need to put a fiberglass shell on top for the foam to sit on

View attachment 71335
rear view of the seat

View attachment 71336
snow eliminators 3/4 the way done just have to bend up the tabs and mount it to the sled:d

this monday i get my motor finally finished....and hopefully go break it in the following weekend :d

looks great!

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
IMG_5069.jpg
painted my cylinder head lime green

IMG_5077.jpg
this is when i razered the raised lettering, i still have to polish it

IMG_5076.jpg
the whole motor

IMG_5071.jpg
IMG_5072.jpg
My HRP Quad Cam Primary Clutch

IMG_5073.jpg
Part of my port and polish, not really a good picture of it you can only see the oversized intake

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
It's comming together good now. still working on the mesh hood?:)

Thanks,
yes i am, i ran out of 1/4" aluminum round bar i only need 5 more piece and i would of been done :( im going to pick some up monday and finish it off then. I also picked up a free trampoline skin to cover my hood with :d , i think it should be good enough not to let in too much snow if it lets in too much ill put a finer material under it since the trampoline skin is super tuff and wont rip tooo easily. Ill post some pics of it monday

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
IMG_5078.jpg
finally finished putting my whole motor together and everthing is torqued down to spec

IMG_5081.jpg
My hood is all welded up soo now time to cover it with trampoline material

IMG_5079.jpg
Stock motor ready to come out, only 4bolts and she's out :d

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Our camera died but i finished up my seat and 99% of my hood(i just have to put in a few rivets and she's done)
I'll have my polaris clutch all finished up tomorrow or thursday

then i go for a ride on saterday or sunday and see how she runs :d

Top Bottom