New sled RANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone likes raggn on the new pro rmks, Y?? One guy on here is cryn cuz he broke his carbon fibre overstructure so now the whole sled is crap?? Its possible to break ANY part on ANY sled. Skidoo guys are ALL over poo guys for this driveshaft clamp, which apparently is workn so far. So we lost.....a month of sleddn. Big deal. Easy two min fix. Lets look at the big picture folks....poo is 50 lbs +/- lighter than 2nd place. Thats huge! And they did wat no one else has done so far. Cat hasnt even come close yet, skidoo TRIED in 2008 hittn 429lbs and it was a flop! Updates, recalls, flimsy boards and tunnel etc etc. since then they been gettn heavier. Polaris delivered a 417lb sled. Awsome boards, good tunnel etc. AND even threw in a belt drive for u guys. I love my pro and for a lightweight mountain sled i feel its built properly. Driveshaft was an issue but wat sled dosnt have an issue. Minor issue wasnt it? 417 lbs is wat custom sled builders dream of (or used to neway) for $20,000-$30,000. Boss seat and can and the pro might hit 410 lb. i can open the doors on any new sled and find bad ideas or weak parts etc. no such thing as a perfect or bulletproof sled. im not bashing skidoo, cuz i dont mind them. I think the etec is a great motor. Great on fuel and oil and hp, Tmotion is kool. but im just sick of opening up S&M and new thread on how the pros suck. Poo had sum bad yrs lately but in '11 they changed it around and worked at it and raised the bar for the rest to try. If poo had the etec technogly under the hood it wood be unstoppable.

-omg its glued together........so r vehicles!
-omg carbon fibre is flimsy.....isnt there a guy that builds chassis outta all CF??

Im not sayn polaris is the best in the world cuz they all have pros and cons but when u step back and look at wat poo did, its awsome to see. Its middle of jan and.......driveshafts fixed, no recent recalls, just ready to ride. Im a heavier guy and i have no problem riding my pro hard around here and it holding up. Thats my rant lol well im outta here, play nice :cool:

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every sled company goes through this every year something new comes out and that's not going to change. Someone is always go to rag on something if its not perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try to stay away from this but... If I lost a month of sledding for a 2 min fix, as you stated, I would be pissed!
Jus Sayin!
Nice sled tho, they all get us where we want to be.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bolded for emphasis, remind me where poo was in 2008?
Seems like everyone likes raggn on the new pro rmks, Y?? One guy on here is cryn cuz he broke his carbon fibre overstructure so now the whole sled is crap?? Its possible to break ANY part on ANY sled. Skidoo guys are ALL over poo guys for this driveshaft clamp, which apparently is workn so far. So we lost.....a month of sleddn. Big deal. Easy two min fix. Lets look at the big picture folks....poo is 50 lbs +/- lighter than 2nd place. Thats huge! And they did wat no one else has done so far. Cat hasnt even come close yet, skidoo TRIED in 2008 hittn 429lbs and it was a flop! Updates, recalls, flimsy boards and tunnel etc etc. since then they been gettn heavier. Polaris delivered a 417lb sled. Awsome boards, good tunnel etc. AND even threw in a belt drive for u guys. I love my pro and for a lightweight mountain sled i feel its built properly. Driveshaft was an issue but wat sled dosnt have an issue. Minor issue wasnt it? 417 lbs is wat custom sled builders dream of (or used to neway) for $20,000-$30,000. Boss seat and can and the pro might hit 410 lb. i can open the doors on any new sled and find bad ideas or weak parts etc. no such thing as a perfect or bulletproof sled. im not bashing skidoo, cuz i dont mind them. I think the etec is a great motor. Great on fuel and oil and hp, Tmotion is kool. but im just sick of opening up S&M and new thread on how the pros suck. Poo had sum bad yrs lately but in '11 they changed it around and worked at it and raised the bar for the rest to try. If poo had the etec technogly under the hood it wood be unstoppable.

-omg carbon fibre is flimsy.....isnt there a guy that builds chassis outta all CF??

Im not sayn polaris is the best in the world cuz they all have pros and cons but when u step back and look at wat poo did, its awsome to see. Its middle of jan and.......driveshafts fixed, no recent recalls, just ready to ride. Im a heavier guy and i have no problem riding my pro hard around here and it holding up. Thats my rant lol well im outta here, play nice :cool:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo had issues that were easily fixed. I don't agree it was a flop though. Congrats on you starting another argument thread!! Lol

hopper146

Reaction score
I went and looked at all the new models today....bought my last new sled in 2009...and wow do the new ones ever make the old ones look...well...old. Its amazing how far they have come..ok..except Yamaha,,,,,is the new nytro ski really a foot wide? Don't get me wrong..I had an RX1 Mountain and love Yamaha engines..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

feel better?

oh, and....

pictures564.jpg

600rmk

Reaction score
Just saying I bought a 2012 rmk 600 and I love my polaris it is comfortable and it has good power I am not that big of a person and I only ride in saskatchewan so my 600 is lots for me. Every snowmobile has its ups and down my self the popo fits me best. Just saying they are all good and the all have flaws. It don't matter what you're riding as long as you're having fun :D

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, you aren't reading this forum well if you think "everyone likes raggn on the new pro rmks". So I think your post here is an overreaction.

Primrose Ride In Tow Out - YouTube
I watched the whole video. Manufacturers shouldn't be able to put out a product that does stuff like this when still almost new and then just wipe their hands of responsibility. First it was the Polaris drive shaft, which was addressed eventually. Then it was the XMs spraying fuel and sometimes starting on fire, which apparently will be addressed soon. There is something not quite right with the QD belt, as evidenced by this video and multiple user reports on S&M and Snowest. I hope Polaris does something about this.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have considered going down the Polaris path, but if I do would I have to start posting threads like a whiny teenage school girl?

:confused:

If I do maybe I could get a bumper sticker that says "hey I may be sensitive but I still weigh less than you"

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been staring at my buddys turboed pro in my shop for two weeks looks like a pos next to my xm its there to get the flimsy ass cracked tunnel welded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom