6.7 ford diesel

Flyer

Reaction score
Thanks Summitric. I'll see what's in Calgary and call you if I fail to find a deal I can live with.

Flyer

Reaction score
Re: reply to bingo1010.

philosophically, I'm not sure about this emissions equipment. Obviously, the manufacturers had to comply before the technology was ready for the big time. I'm running a DD16 and 6 ISX Cummins in addition to this Ford. My old Duramax and 5 old Caterpillars give me no trouble at all.

Theres no question. We're producing more so called "greenhouse gases" in the process of removing the nitrous oxides and soot pollutants. I'm not convinced that the CO2 we are producing is a problem, but the nitric acid that results from NOX emissions may be. Mother Nature can likely absorb a lot of it, but obviously, the smog that results isn't too healthy. The soot? I haven't figured that out. It makes the air dirty, but does precipitate out. Even in the short term, it's harmless.

Our Ford is licenced as part of a commercial fleet, to carry goods for third parties. It has to report at commercial vehicle inspection stations when pulling a trailer, so it has to receive CVIP inspections annually. Our mechanic can't sign it out if it is modified, and I wouldn't ask him to. It also comes under scrutiny when it's piloting and accompanies the big trucks through the scales.

Bottom line: We live in a democracy. It appears that the majority agree with these emissions controls, no matter the cost in dollars, or frustration. As a commercial operator, we are the first to face enforcement on this issue, so I think I have to switch to gas powered pickups as the only financially viable option. I can't afford the diesel pickups.

wowchad

Reaction score
Website
www.cvtech-aab.com
I didn't read all replies through 5 pages but need to say this, I love our 6.7l Ford!
It is by far, hands down the nicest truck I've ever been in! (& I drove the Dodge back to back before buying it)

That being said every 6.7 owner should carry a 13mm wrench and spare exhaust sensor p/n AC3Z-5J213-B.

Web search "Ford Stop Safely Now" or "Ford Stop Safely Now Warning"

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Web search "Ford Stop Safely Now" or "Ford Stop Safely Now Warning"
Last ford diesel I had tell me that required a new engine after. Message and then it quit.

Flyer

Reaction score
I wish that was all that was wrong with ours. Unfortunately, I wasn't driving the truck when it quit, and getting good info on the information display and symptoms before the failure from the driver is tough. I'm thinking I should go have a look at this DPF myself. Our mechanic read the codes, and there were none regarding exhaust temperature sensors though. I asked that specifically.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford finally nailed it on this engine. I've had d-maxes for last 10 years, now I own 2 2014 f-350 one swd and dwd for welding rig. Only problem had so far was sensor in exhaust on one, 70,000 Kms on one, 58,000 km on other. Great trucks imo, I was hardcore gm guy before.

apperently I should of knocked on wood after I posted this, need new primary rad on truck with 70,000 Kms, and of coarse not on warranty after 60,000 km and want 2200$ installed at dealer.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's just small stuff with the 6.7s and warranty issues that warranty doesn't actually cover. Good old bs warranty

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone with a rad leak on these 6.7 motors with no warranty left I jus bought a new rad for 560$ and installed myself in just under 4 hours. I'm not a mechanic by any means but was pretty basic to do and saved lots of $$$ doing it myself. Ford quoted 2200$ installed, 6 hrs labour and 950$ for new rad. I'd like to know how it takes them 6 hrs when I did it first time in 4 ??. I hate taking stuff to dealers to get fixed. There's a good you tube video of how to do it if you search for it.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone with a rad leak on these 6.7 motors with no warranty left I jus bought a new rad for 560$ and installed myself in just under 4 hours. I'm not a mechanic by any means but was pretty basic to do and saved lots of $$$ doing it myself. Ford quoted 2200$ installed, 6 hrs labour and 950$ for new rad. I'd like to know how it takes them 6 hrs when I did it first time in 4 ??. I hate taking stuff to dealers to get fixed. There's a good you tube video of how to do it if you search for it.

Where did you get the rad from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Place called sinkut rad. It's in a small town called Vanderhoof its in b.c close to Prince George

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm parting a lightly rolled '12 6.7L Auto shortbox crew cab soon if anyone is looking for bit and pieces...

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011. The high pressure fuel pump went on mine last summer at around 90000km. Luckily it was covered under the power train warranty. It would have cost over 16 grand out of my pocket if not. It sent metal through all the fuel lines so the all needed to be replaced along with all the injectors.

Top Bottom