6.7 ford diesel

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
regens with urea not diesel so not true

Say what... regen is with fuel, extra injected in a cylinder washes through and burns in DPF filter to reduce captured particle content. Typically power is reduced only if a certain EGT set point is passed to protect the engine. Some engines such as duramax's have a dedicated injector in the exhaust for this purpose to admit fuel for regen.

It will vary with load, ambient temp etc. However keep in mind with high EGT's your regen cycle will typically be much efficient and happen a whole bunch faster. Urea is injected post DPF filter as a final stage clean up.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2012 just turned over 200k and almost 8000hrs. Nothing but routine maintenance no problems yet. No emissions equipment since about 30k. Buddy of mine has a 2011 with over 350k and the only problems have been caused by the emissions equipment.

Wow you must do a lot of idling. I had a Ram with 573k and it had the same hours.

regens with urea not diesel so not true

Regens are done by superheating the DPF via extra fuel. I would believe fuel consumption goes up by 45% during the regen. DEF cleans the NOx on a continual basis.

I have driven my friends 11 F350. Really good power and mileage.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, i will believe that, all i know is i dont see no 45% increase in fuel consumption when it regens

If you reset the lie-o-meter right at the beginning of a regen you won't like what you see. But averaged out over a whole tank it's not too bad. I figured out on my Duramax that each regen used about 10-12 litres of extra fuel. That was on the highway, if you got stuck with it wanting to clean when you were doing short city drives look out.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you reset the lie-o-meter right at the beginning of a regen you won't like what you see. But averaged out over a whole tank it's not too bad. I figured out on my Duramax that each regen used about 10-12 litres of extra fuel. That was on the highway, if you got stuck with it wanting to clean when you were doing short city drives look out.

the fords show instantaneous, when you put your foot into it it instantly climbs, when you go up a hill it instantly climbs, when it regens mine doesnt go up 45%

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 13 doesnt climb in regen either. Only burns for maybe 5 seconds when it does . 40000 kms and no issues so far .

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford finally nailed it on this engine. I've had d-maxes for last 10 years, now I own 2 2014 f-350 one swd and dwd for welding rig. Only problem had so far was sensor in exhaust on one, 70,000 Kms on one, 58,000 km on other. Great trucks imo, I was hardcore gm guy before.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys having them serviced at the dealer. What kind of dollars are you paying for oil change and fuel filter change ?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys having them serviced at the dealer. What kind of dollars are you paying for oil change and fuel filter change ?

The fuel filters are super easy to change yourself. There about 110 bux for the kit from Napa.

I service my own so can't say what the dealer charges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If your getting your unit serviced at the dealer and follow the suggested services it will cost a bundle, your best to do a service plan, my plan to 200,000 k cost me 6500. Just oil changes at dealer is 180 ish no fuel filter and 350 ish with fuel filter, every second oil change gets fuel filter

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive a 2013 F350, had the DEF heater go once and some exhaust sensor. Other than that 90,000 trouble free KM's. Love this truck, loads of power for pulling. Just needs a Titan Tank, my bladder is bigger than the stock fuel tank.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive a 2013 F350, had the DEF heater go once and some exhaust sensor. Other than that 90,000 trouble free KM's. Love this truck, loads of power for pulling. Just needs a Titan Tank, my bladder is bigger than the stock fuel tank.

I built and installed a 225l tank in the box, I'm good for 2000 km just hooked to an up fitter switch

Flyer

Reaction score
Want to buy: Diesel Particulate Filter for our 2013 F350

Background: This is a truck that we bought used from a Ford dealer with 90K on it. It came from a fleet that we know, and trust their maintenance practices. We use it for pulling a three axle enclosed gooseneck with about 9000 lb. of rigging in it, but only part time. It spends more time working as a pilot truck. I don't think it works hard enough when piloting. It's empty, and the speeds are low. The wide load sign provides a bit of aerodynamic drag, but not enough to really make the engine labor.

About a month ago we had to change the def pump and heater. It broke down 400 km from home again on the weekend. I didn't take it to a dealer this time. It's at Daegger Diesel in Calgary. This time the DEF is plugged solid. I'm told It can't be cleaned. $4000 for a new one. Daegger does a lot of deletes, but that's not an option for us. He doesn't have any take off DPFs, the scrap dealer just picked them up.

Unless I can get a stockpile of used take off emission system parts, I think I'm looking at getting rid of it and buying a gaser. Probably need two. Our 2005 Duramax has 500k on it. Time to retire it.

If if anybody is interested in buying this truck before its repaired with the thought of doing a delete, contact me. It's grey, about 120k on it. Fleet trim level. Not stripped, but not loaded. We'll determine a fair market value. I like the truck, just can't handle the lack of reliability.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he quoted u 4000g he's on crack. A new system from Ford is only 2300 bux installed. That Was my quote from heartland Ford before I decided to delete

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The guy that collects ours has several systems for resale, at a fraction of the price of a new system.... Pm me tomorrow and I can dig into it for you, if you want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyer

Reaction score
If he quoted u 4000g he's on crack. A new system from Ford is only 2300 bux installed.

Thanks for that. I think they're trustworthy, but as I've been taught, trust, but verify. I'll do some checking.

Top Bottom