2025 Are you ready?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was my Thought. Once he hits the throttle you can’t tell where the doo is even. Could be starting to pull on him. The other videos on their IG page is pretty set up also. The one where the sleds wheeling the whole hill is just the limiter loosened all the way. My old 600zrt 25 years ago would even wheelie with strap backed way off.

its also a 146 it should wheelie pretty easy even in an 800

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool story bro, you keep sniffing that yellow bottle.
The dudes I regularly ride with all season are ALL using belt drives, SkiDoo's, Cats and Polaris, all 200++hp turbo's. Currently I know more on belt drives then chains. I was the last to be converted and now running on my second season with well over 3,000km on the belt.
Ya, one blew on a buddies Polaris once a few years ago, 20min later he was ripping again, he also had 2 seasons on the belt, driving his 210hp Poo.
You watching your self on repeat again. LOL
Only Gates Polychain failures I have see have been from installation errors or foreign objects tearing them up. Not saying landing on full boost with hard ground can't break them but you are in chain failure territory at that point.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was my Thought. Once he hits the throttle you can’t tell where the doo is even. Could be starting to pull on him. The other videos on their IG page is pretty set up also. The one where the sleds wheeling the whole hill is just the limiter loosened all the way. My old 600zrt 25 years ago would even wheelie with strap backed way off.

Yep just show me the dyno.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only Gates Polychain failures I have see have been from installation errors or foreign objects tearing them up. Not saying landing on full boost with hard ground can't break them but you are in chain failure territory at that point.
failures 90% of the time are traced to an installation issue. Some guys should never pull wrenches. The initial setting is crucial.
I have seen these belts take insane abuse and not break, full 30ft landing on throttle and then some, hookup on rocks in a 1500ft vertical chutes no issues. Yes nothing is "FOOL" proof.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Less rotating mass yup ,less weight yup and easier to fix . are belt drives perfect,hell no . some Of the breakage on the belts might be because of the colder temps that we see in northern bc , but they break , a lot . For the folks that sell these products I understand the enthusiasm for their product. Some of this other stuff is just plain bulls h I t .

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your not riding a 4 stroke yamaha nearly as hard as guys are riding these sleds in the bush. yes more HP but far less shock loading

also, the 155 Boost and the 155 Expert turbo are 6lbs apart in weight. Can always be lighter but the Polaris has been gaining weight by adding things the skidoo has had previously.
Unfortunately you are correct about Polaris gaining weight. The hood and 7S gauge added a bunch, also the Series 9 track. I also noticed my Boost did not get the carbon fibre overstructure like my other sled. The turbo is designed about as light as they can go but the stock muffler is a beast. I expect you are comparing SHOT Doo weight to E-Start Polaris? Those Polaris E-starts are not an option for serious riders as they are nearly 30 lbs. Both companies could do better without compromising durability.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in the sidewinder the belt drive was a big upgrade, there’s a reason the other two manufacturers went to a belt drive as well. Polaris has had one since 2013 it’s not just a fad. I’m trying to figure out what sled I want next but in the meantime I’ll work on trying to ride my Yamaha harder 😉

Attachments

• IMG_7341.jpeg
    IMG_7341.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7580.jpeg
    IMG_7580.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 60

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry where is the BS?

yamaha guys dont ride hard sorry, they just cant. I know it hurts to admit
A modifies SW with stage 2-3 setup and a OE turbo are not comparable and not part of the conversation, why even mention it, its like comparing a 500 to your 850Turbo comparison, ridiculous.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in the sidewinder the belt drive was a big upgrade, there’s a reason the other two manufacturers went to a belt drive as well. Polaris has had one since 2013 it’s not just a fad. I’m trying to figure out what sled I want next but in the meantime I’ll work on trying to ride my Yamaha harder 😉
Seat time, I already have another 1000kms this season, even with the ch!t snow.
But the premium zones are at my back door LOL

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any experience with the "cheap" belts some manufacturers sell vs gates? Mitsuboshi? I broke 5 of those things in one season including two after the belt drive manufacture serviced the system and properly tensioned the belt. Really turns a guy off of belt drive.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any experience with the "cheap" belts some manufacturers sell vs gates? Mitsuboshi? I broke 5 of those things in one season including two after the belt drive manufacture serviced the system and properly received the belt. Really turns a guy off of belt drive.
As I remember it, Tom at TKI said the rep for Mitsuboshi was a nice guy and he wanted to support him but when he tested their belts they kept failing and could not bring himself to carrying them. Disclaimer here, someone said they have a better belt now but I do not know.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats a beefy belt drive. not the chinsey vaccum cleaner belt the polaris uses

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a beefy belt drive. not the chinsey vaccum cleaner belt the polaris uses
You say that but not too many Polaris QD belts are breaking these days. I think they have it figured out. The fact that each belt lists for near $450 is rediculous. Best to sell your QD belt and gears and put the money towards a TKI that can have lower gearing and spare belts are only about $150.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm assuming you lose reverse with that setup?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I remember it, Tom at TKI said the rep for Mitsuboshi was a nice guy and he wanted to support him but when he tested their belts they kept failing and could not bring himself to carrying them. Disclaimer here, someone said they have a better belt now but I do not know.

Kinda correct, Tom is a patriot, American made he wants his products to be.

Regardless, if doo put a BD on their sled from the factory I would gladly run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom