2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledded valemount this weekend she's pounded flat unless you are a tree basher hard crust on top been an awesome season

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Was in valemount this past weekend,
Saturday, rode clemina: The trail was holding up great only 2 small areas where dirt was showing, the area where a small trail runs beside the logging road is almost bare, be careful for large loose rocks. Then from there it’s in great shape.
We hit lake view down in the bottom and found good snow 8” to 14”, even deeper in wind deposed areas. No complaints there. Then went and played the trees in bauer’s, if you look for it there’s still areas. As it softened up in the afternoon it was decent. Had a 76 mile day, just made it to the truck with the fuel i had. Was with a good group.

Sunday rode Alan Creek, trail is in great shape, getting low on a few areas but very manageable. By the cabin and perimeter areas are quite tracked but when you venture off there’s lots of playing. We hit an area just north of hill climb that was basically untouched, we spent 3 hrs in there and had a great time anywhere from 5” - 18” snow.
Good spring snowmobiling, no complaints

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding Valemount for years and actually have a place out there so I know the area well..... went right to the back of allen and every area was totally tracked out but i guys some people can ride circles for hour and have fun..... the warm then colder temps had the snow set up real hard.... and over hill climb to the right was also pounded flat Sunday anyways because we where the first sleds into there earl Sunday morning...... you try to post honest conditions on here and someone always bashes ya..... nice

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Wasn't bashing,just making an observation.Obviously your definition of "pounded flat" is much different than mine.:dWe rode a lot of untracked snow at Allan on Sunday. Rode Dixon Glacier yesterday.Zero tracks on it and due to poor vis,we left a whole lot of it untracked.
Been riding Valemount for years and actually have a place out there so I know the area well..... went right to the back of allen and every area was totally tracked out but i guys some people can ride circles for hour and have fun..... the warm then colder temps had the snow set up real hard.... and over hill climb to the right was also pounded flat Sunday anyways because we where the first sleds into there earl Sunday morning...... you try to post honest conditions on here and someone always bashes ya..... nice

jaws

Reaction score
How many kms from the cabin at allen is considered the “back”

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of untracked snow to ride on the weekend,just need to get off the beaten path, what ron posted is the real facts on snow conditions. look off the beaten path and it can be found easily,lots of untouched if anybody is nheaded there

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Some pics from last weekend in Allan on Sunday.
DSCN0382.jpg DSCN0383.jpg DSCN0384.jpg DSCN0385.jpg DSCN0388.jpg DSCN0394.jpg DSCN0397.jpg DSCN0399.jpg

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not like that at Allan this weekend, much better snow in blue, worth extra drive, vale needs a reload for sure

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those who say rons pics arent from sunday check with the bed and breakfast for ron rode sat and sunday, mike rode sunday and monday so only time they rode together was sunday. when the sun comes out and softens the snow and your not on the beaten path the conditions are good for this time of year

Top Bottom