2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the snow situation is like in the parking lots. Can you still ride from them? Thx.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the snow situation is like in the parking lots. Can you still ride from them? Thx.
This past weekend there was snow right to the booth at both Allan and Clemina. It's probably melting fast though.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past weekend there was snow right to the booth at both Allan and Clemina. It's probably melting fast though.
Ok thanks good to know. We are all on bikes although they are made for dirt with a track and a ski they don't work so good on the dirt lol.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Parking lots were both bare gravel but you could still unload at edges on snow.
Ok thanks good to know. We are all on bikes although they are made for dirt with a track and a ski they don't work so good on the dirt lol.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite a mixed bag of weather over this week. The skies have opened and dropped some rain, snow, sleet and beautiful sunshine. To partially quote Forest Gump “spring sledding is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get”

The mountain tops look beautiful this morning and seem to have a nice coating of fresh snow after yesterdays precipitation.

The staging areas are dry although the trails are holding up ok and the snow line begins right at the toll booths. Riders should expect to see bare patches begin to show on short sections of the trails at lower elevations. Clemina and Allan Creek area still being groomed throughout this weekend. Grooming at Chappell Creek is done for the season, as low user numbers cannot justify the expense.

Ride Safe

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the snow conditions? Couple of us looking to come up and ride Sunday, Monday. Cheers, Tyler

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah come on Curtis give Chappell one last groom for the season please

The trail should still be in fine shape. I wouldn't shy away just cause the groomer is not running. Its not running due to very low user numbers. It wont be perfect but you might find some snow up there.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PS....it looks to be hammering down snow out there where it counts....anyone ride today?

KelvinR

Reaction score
Our group rode Allen today. Trail in was groomed with plenty of snow. We went only to Avalanche Alley. Low visibility. Strong winds. Not much in the way of fresh snow.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was ok and getting better the farther back you go. Found lots of untouched if you got off the goat trails. Was hammering down at 5pm and really windy but was starting to fill in everywhere.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail should still be in fine shape. I wouldn't shy away just cause the groomer is not running. Its not running due to very low user numbers. It wont be perfect but you might find some snow up there.

Handful of Advil and giver. I’m sure I’ll be fine. Raining & snowing pretty good by Summit River Lodge

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be riding today so I will post a snow report this evening . It looks like there is a fresh snow line starting at about 3500 feet .
Give us a call to book your next trip ,
250-566-9933
Spring Deal is on now
Option 1) $129 per room includes home cooked breakfast for upto 3 ppl , packed lunches are $10 per person , no supper. Min 2 night booking .

Option 2) $109 night Per Person, double occ, includes breakfast /lunch /supper , must have min 4 ppl in your group for this supper option .
Thanks Terry /lisa /Laura
Your business is appreciated .
e7e9344c68f4a7b39275ecab306dd88f.jpg

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, do you have any access to gpx. files for gamin downloads for restricted riding areas? For some reason the government caribou closure site does not list most of valemount spring riding areas.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen got a reload today. 6-8” in most places and deeper in the trees. First ones back to Super Bowl and not a lot traffic made it over hill climb do to bad visibility. Was starting to snow again when we can down.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an awesome season of operations. From all of us at VARDA and the community of Valemount we send a big THANK YOU to anyone who chose to #ridevalemount this season.

Our groomers are now done for the year although the riding certainly is not. It seems that old man winter just will not go back to bed. The mountains are getting hammered as I type, and it looks like there will be some amazing riding this week for those who venture out.

Access is variable although still quite good for this time of year. Allan Creek is likely holding up the best access with almost full snow coverage from the back lot. Clemina is very thin to the 7km area where the logging takes off of the main FSR. We have plowed out a SMALL parking lot up there for trucks with decks to stage although radio communications are a must as this is a very busy haul road. Anyone traveling up this road but be well out of the way of any industrial operations when staging. Chappell Creek is also mainly snow covered with small bare patches up the first few km of switchbacks.

Pictures from this weekend show some amazing snow and while looking out the window right now, it is only getting better. We will continue to update as we get or receive info, so please share photos and stories of your adventures.

Thanks again for an amazing season everyone and please feel free to contact us anytime via email, fb message or a good old-fashioned phone call.

Ride safe!

Top Bottom