2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 feet? I think this would be national news. Natural avalanches would be taking out highways and villages. Women would be clutching their children in the basement of their local church. Chaos.

Lmao no sh** eh! I doubt thats true. But there is light snow falling in edson and wct has almost a foot.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone should come up with a snow depth interpretation chart.

Someone says: Was about 8'' Actual: It hasn't snowed for weeks but got windy the night before and it loaded about 4-5'' certain aspects.
Someone says: 18'' - 2' Actual: It has been snowing on and off for a week.. A few inches at a time. Total accumulation... 1 foot.
Someone Says : 3' at least!!! Actual: It snowed 18''. This is a very good snowfall but not... spit out your coffee good so..
Someone says: 5' Actual: Still 18''. but in places that haven't seen traffic in weeks there is more. Jump off your sled up to your waste.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Someone says: Was about 8'' Actual: It hasn't snowed for weeks but got windy the night before and it loaded about 4-5'' certain aspects.
Someone says: 18'' - 2' Actual: It has been snowing on and off for a week.. A few inches at a time. Total accumulation... 1 foot.
Someone Says : 3' at least!!! Actual: It snowed 18''. This is a very good snowfall but not... spit out your coffee good so..
Someone says: 5' Actual: Still 18''. but in places that haven't seen traffic in weeks there is more. Jump off your sled up to your waste.
And "nut deep" is a lot different depending how old you are.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol true, the thing I find with snow reports it depends on the timing of the report and the person, and as mike many digits said how old you are lol.

Last edited:

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a little teaser from Allan creek today ,
b5a248f0213455fdf38dbe9e9fd2d93a.jpg

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been getting numerous reports of great riding conditions up in the hills. The interweb is flooded with some amazing riding pictures.

Unfortunately I am still taking time off the sled due to injury so our first hand info has been slim and we are relying on fellow riders to help out with info. So please keep sharing those great photos and feel free to email any info you feel like sharing to info@ridevalemount.com.

Parking lots are primarily bare although the snowline begins directly at the trailheads. The upper trails are holding up well with full coverage in place for now. The lower sections of trail are getting soft quickly and not holding up well to the minimal traffic.

Some bare patches do exist although they are minimal, except for the short stretch after the 4km bridge in the Clemina area which is bare for 150m due to logging. So please expect a short snow free section immediately after the first bridge until you regain the groomed trail.

Please understand that spring has sprung, and we manage the trails the best we can given the weather. It only takes a few riders to mess up a slushy trail until the freezing level.

Ride safe!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard they are stopping all Black Chevy's at the Alberta/BC Border and checking the wheel studs :rolling:

I heard he was going so I cancelled, go hang with some cat riders next weekend lol

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode chappel too, awesome day! Out of fuel as well and bagged, had to head down. Trail was in great shape up and down. We put some tracks down but there is some good lines left.

Top Bottom