2015 fuel regulators

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know of issues with this part coming loose. Ive seen some talk but not much. I see they changed the fuel pump assembly on the 2016.....thanks.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Yeah I had this issue with my 2015 last year. Was very annoying as it wouldn't cause any issues when the sled was cold so didn't notice it down in the parking lot. However it required a dozen plus pulls on the recoil to get it started once it was warm and I was up in the alpine already. Was a simple fix to get done through the dealer though.

chad006

Reaction score
If your capable of removing the tank, it's a really simple fix. I just put two washers on each each side of the regulator on pump assembly the new style pumps have a retainer plate to hold them down.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that would be great if there was a recall before we are stuck in the backcountry on a sled with a known issue.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
I believe it was a recall on the 2014's but I'm not sure about the 2015's. When I got mine fixed it was because I was already having an issue. Best just to call your dealer and ask. The upside is the sled is still rideable when the problem occurs so you shouldn't be stranded, just have to pull the recoil a ton of times to get it to start lol

gofast89

Reaction score
It is a campaign for 2015. Just describe your syptoms (hard start when warm) and go from there. Had it done on my own sled as well as a few others. The regulator can pop past the keeper screw and bleeds off fuel pressure. You can check this with a bote scope and go down the fuel fill and see for yourself. The fix is a plate that goes over the regulator and using the existing screws holds the regulator down in place. The '16s had this from factory.
Pic of mine.
uploadfromtaptalk1480527650483.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this on my 15. Problem is, I also had a poorly machined recoil. Nearly had to tow the sled since we couldn't pull it over fast enough to reprime the system. Got the update done and added estart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tore into mine and just put washers under the screws. The plate would be a better solution if not in a rush to wait for part. It's not a official recall. I called on mine and they said there was no outstanding recalls. I opened it up and it didn't have the new plate installed so I just put on the washers for good measure.

Top Bottom