2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well rode Allen yesterday. Sleds were getting hot even with scratches on the way up. Spring conditions. We did stay on the beeten trail as as 5 of our 9 are first timers. Really could have used some sunscreen. Crazy trip down the trail. Buddy came face to face with a grizzly on his snowbike. I was right behind him. He headed up a tree a couple feet. We watched him fir about 30 seconds and he took off. Pretty crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1459342597410.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1459342620915.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a week of pure sunshine and over 12 degree temperatures forecasted, we are most certainly settling into full on spring riding. Conditions can change daily and we will do our best to provide updates although we can never be 100% sure of all trail conditions due to melting.

We are unsure of the future of the grooming program at this time and are playing it day by day. Our current plan for the weekend is noted below under the grooming heading.

As we are getting warmer and warmer weather with the incoming of spring, we may begin to see natural hazards such as creeks, sink holes etc. on the trail and in the alpine so please ride to the trail conditions.

Enjoy the sun and ride safe. Avalanche Canada has issues a Special Avalanche Warning due to the warming this week, so please be aware.
Please ride AWARE. Read the conditions carefully at www.avalanche.ca before you head out.

-- Grooming –

Trail grooming is based off of many factors, although user numbers play a very large roll. As we get into spring and user numbers decline, grooming shifts may be adjusted. Riders should be prepared to purchase trail passes at all times.

Allen – Last groomed Sunday Mar 27 and will be re-groomed Thursday March 31st. The intent is to re-groom Friday and Saturday. There is still good coverage from the staging are with a few bare patches until 4km.

Clemina Creek – Will be groomed tonight March 30. Plan is to TRY to re-groom Friday April 1 night for one last push for the weekend. We are pushing our equipment to provide one last weekend for the riders, so please purchase trail passes in the main staging area. There is a bit of mud right after the main staging for the first half kilometer of trail then a few bare patches until 3km.

Chappell Creek – Will be groomed Wednesday March 30th. This will likely be the last groom of the area for the season. With the onset of spring, please respect the Wildlife Closures in this area or we risk losing it.

Keyhole –Staging is at the Keyhole FSR at this time. Please be sure to stage well off the highway.

Crystal Ridge –The lower runs are not holding up well. Access is slush and not able to be groomed so please expect some bumps if you decide to venture in. Please use the donation box in the staging area to help us maintain this public facility.

Ride Safe!

Last edited:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed to the British Columbia Snowmobile Federation's Annual General Meeting this weekend so will not be around. It would be great if people could provide detailed reports of access to the areas they ride. Things are changing so much day to day and the info would be very beneficial to the riders.

Enjoy the sun and ride safe.

Curtis

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Tell them to make better stickers.

That white square is a BCSF sticker.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI guys as we are in spring conditions .
I'll put on a spring special......
2 night minimum .

---- Cabins are $99 night per cabin , no meals .
Cabins have kitchenette and BBQ
---- Rooms in lodge $99 night no meals . There is a BBQ no kitchen
Or $109.00 night per person including breakfast, lunch , supper .
250-566-9933

Summit River Lodge
Valemount's Best Kept Secret

sledneck_joe

Reaction score
Rode Chappel today, access is still really good.. Rode mud for a kilometre or so. Anybody know what Clemina is like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRR

Reaction score
Road Clemina today. Tracked out. Trail isn't bad. Lots of dirt in places until km 4 or so

pirate01

Reaction score
Road Clemina today. Tracked out. Trail isn't bad. Lots of dirt in places until km 4 or so
How was Chapelle? We are pealing Thursday gonna hit it one more time. Then switch to Revy. Anyone been into Westridge in the last week? Let er rip tater chip!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We rode Clemina today.The trail was fantastic! We put on 120km. Had an awesome spring ride.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
How was Chapelle? We are pealing Thursday gonna hit it one more time. Then switch to Revy. Anyone been into Westridge in the last week? Let er rip tater chip!
I rode Westridge last week...it was awesome up there but you must respect the hills. Seen lots of dummies poking steep pulls and followed by small slides. Access was good into the Alpine but after the week Vale had and how many guys tried to get up? I'm not sure if the trail will be friendly....it was good when I rode but over the course of the day there was new openings from water run off and iced up in couple places. Rode the Canoe River Trail about 3-4km and off loaded and was scratchy for 1-2km after that. If you have a deck truck should be able to push in further.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both allan and Clemina trails are great.

There are the odd bare spots, but hey, that's spring riding.

I figure you could almost drive to the first bridge by next weekend if the weather stays this warm. I got a good sunning on my face today in Clemina.. Wicked tree riding. Pretty good class 2 slide in Danger Basin, down low.

It doesn't take much for it to pile up to be 5 feet deep at the toe of the slide.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI guys as we are in spring conditions .
I'll put on a spring special......
2 night minimum .

---- Cabins are $99 night per cabin , no meals .
Cabins have kitchenette and BBQ
---- Rooms in lodge $99 night no meals . There is a BBQ no kitchen
Or $109.00 night per person including breakfast, lunch , supper .
250-566-9933

Summit River Lodge
Valemount's Best Kept Secret

We also have a few camp spots open if anyone is interested , we have full campers washroom
Pics from last summer

Top Bottom