2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was 4km parkin lot last tuesday,trail is in pretty good shape id say for plus 25 weather.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody ride vale last weekend? wondering how trails are. thanks
Pretty much done now. Six km of gravel after unloading with decks at Clemina on Saturday and too many rocks on the elevator to drop into Dixon. They have had some very warm weather approaching 30 degrees. Not sure about Chappel and Allen but most of the local riders were washing their sleds and putting them away on Sunday so that is a pretty good indication access is currently very challenging and tough on ski's and sliders.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the update Roy. going to tell boss were not going out till next yr.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay folks. I was in the group Roy Maxwell is talking about.

Roy is 100% correct. There is a long patch of snow at 5km that is blocking another 5km stretch of almost pure bare gravel. If the melting continues, the snow should melt out to the 11km turnaround although that is uncertain on timing.

The snow up top is super thin and melting fast. Lots of rocks showing open hazards.

Personally my sleds are put away...:(

We have had an awesome winter season in Valemount and are now on to some more construction of our growing mountain bike trail network and a busy summer maintenance program involving our winter infrastructure.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who rode Valemount this year and supported VARDA along with our amazing community.

Remember, Valemount is pretty wicked in the summer as well!:common001:

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks. If any of you have not tried downhill mntnbiking.... give it a shot!! I got into it about 8 years ago and at first thought no motor no good, probably boring but it is a hoot! The technical aspect of the riding is compareable to sledding. Valemount is creating some super flowy runs that I guy can definately throw down on. If anybody is interested in trying it out give me a shout. I got a spare DH bike. You will be hooked. Cheers
Sorry for the delay folks. I was in the group Roy Maxwell is talking about.

Roy is 100% correct. There is a long patch of snow at 5km that is blocking another 5km stretch of almost pure bare gravel. If the melting continues, the snow should melt out to the 11km turnaround although that is uncertain on timing.

The snow up top is super thin and melting fast. Lots of rocks showing open hazards.

Personally my sleds are put away...:(

We have had an awesome winter season in Valemount and are now on to some more construction of our growing mountain bike trail network and a busy summer maintenance program involving our winter infrastructure.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who rode Valemount this year and supported VARDA along with our amazing community.

Remember, Valemount is pretty wicked in the summer as well!:common001:

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up Clemina do you have to drive? Last year at this time we were about 1.5km past the large gravel pit (10.5sih) ?

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up Clemina do you have to drive? Last year at this time we were about 1.5km past the large gravel pit (10.5sih) ?

That is the location you need to get to right now to avoid an enormous amount of gravel although I do not know if it is possible due to small snow patches.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been up climina lately? Any word on if you can make it to the gravel pit with a truck yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to make one more trip and do some exploring anyone have recent updates?

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there Friday, got within a mile or so of the last bridge. There was a stretch of snow that was too deep, then mainly rocks to km 13. From there it is patchy but okay. By now the snow may have melted and might be okay. Snow on top is okay but not great (hey, it's May) and the creek is running. We crossed water at the old cabin. A total of 6 people on the hill and bright sunshine. That one was for you, Chad.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks! Heading up tomorrow so hopefully that patch is melted because that sounds like quite a bit of gravel! Haha has anyone been riding anywhere else with decent access lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding this weekend? Lookin for a riding buddy or if i could tag along with a group.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Woke up to fresh snow on the hills today so we loaded up the old sleds and went to clemina.
Drove all the way up to morning glory turn off.
3 inches of fresh snow on trail to cool the skis and sliders. Not much snow left on trail.
Climbed up trail to goat ridge which was nasty. Mostly a creek.
Once in goat ridge there was a good 8 inches of heavy fresh snow with solid frozen concert underneath. You would spin climbing.
Went to Dixon side of valley and had to go way up Avy alley to cross river.
I think we are done. Had to ride may cause we always do.

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Sean Maxwell and Karolyn for bringing my snowmobile back from my house in Valemount to Edmonton.
They were unable to bring back my other buddy. I am thinking he is melting.
IMG_20160429_182155.jpg 052.jpg

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis just woundering what and when will you be doing work on projects this yr, in case I'm able to help out. Thx

Top Bottom