2013 rmk fuel pump

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having fuel pump issues running straight av gas? I have 420 miles on my sled without any bogging everything was good then it started to bog and not pull rpm and I found it to be my fuel pump? I put one tank of 50 gas and 50 av and it fixed my problem? Anyone else come across this?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a plugged fuel filter? Just saying that maybe sediments had time to settle, and there not blocking flow.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you wanting to run straight AV gas? You should always mix it with some pump it will burn way better. Perhaps you were using old AV when you were running it straight that is why it was burning fine. Then you got some fresh and it wouldn't burn properly

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never run 100% Av, but I have run 50/50 since 03 and no issue's other than av is a little hard on exhaust sensors!!

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you wanting to run straight AV gas? You should always mix it with some pump it will burn way better. Perhaps you were using old AV when you were running it straight that is why it was burning fine. Then you got some fresh and it wouldn't burn properly

Sorry I miss understood what u said, but yes that is possible that it was fresher stuff then then stuff I had previously been using. I wanted to run straight av so I didn't have to worry about det

robhayward

Reaction score
My vote would be filter blockage that settled later. I've run straight AV since start the of last year (1200 miles). Happy with it every day!

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I herd there's something different with the 13 fuel pump, I'm gonna try mine again on straight av next trip

Top Bottom