2012 X package deliveries yet?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well u have owned them all. U might not like Ur new narrow buffalo and u might go buy a new po po pro. Better keep the name till Ur sure

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up mine friday after noon and as you can see I havn't let the garage!

Attachments

• DSC00602.jpg
    DSC00602.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00607.jpg
    DSC00607.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00605.jpg
    DSC00605.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 166

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going with the skinz boards?

his sig
2012 Summit X 800 Etec -(156"x3"x3" on order) , Avid Chain Case and 8 Tooth drivers, C3 syncro Drive, Head Light Delete, KOSO EGT's, VE Boondocker Bumper Kit, 9" Billet wheel w/Smitty 2 wheel offset axle, SPI Single, BMP can, Race werx Torque Arm, Vision X LED Head Light, Nextech Fox Floats in rear susp., Boss Flattop, 2 wild child gas racks, Vent Kit,

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
how manys kms for the break in chip thingy???

Is this for real? is there actually some sort of retard chip that forces you to "break in " a 2 stroke engine?
I always here people talking about it but nobody at any dealer Ive spoken to can ever verify it. my last two new summits I was told to add a liter of oil to the first tank and dont hold full throttle for any more than 30 seconds till that tank was burnt.
thanks

There is no such thing as this mysterious "chip" that burns out in a sled... and gives you way more power lol.. On the e-tech... Ones the computer senses it has gone through 155l of fuel(has NOTHING to do with hours)... It adjusts the pump and a couple other things. There IS a break in mode but it has nothing to do with the POWER directly. and dont hold it full throttle for more than 30 seconds.... Wtf lol... Who told you that? 30 seconds is a LONG time for a sled to be at full throttle for... even on a lake! DEFINATLY not good advice IMO.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
My 09 800R P-Tech was a dog compared to my 04 800HO, till after a few tanks of gas, then the tables turned, it actually retards the timimg slightly for a break-in period, which reduces the load at WOT on the engine. My 04 was stock with awesome clutching from previous owner

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as this mysterious "chip" that burns out in a sled... and gives you way more power lol.. On the e-tech... Ones the computer senses it has gone through 155l of fuel(has NOTHING to do with hours)... It adjusts the pump and a couple other things. There IS a break in mode but it has nothing to do with the POWER directly. and dont hold it full throttle for more than 30 seconds.... Wtf lol... Who told you that? 30 seconds is a LONG time for a sled to be at full throttle for... even on a lake! DEFINATLY not good advice IMO.

lol I know its not a chip so to speak, its all computer managed I just wasnt sure the parameters, 155l of fuel fak thats 3 tanks thats 3 rides Im gonna have to run this biatch in the ditch before the hills...... and as posted below I was pretty sure that was the case with the timing so even if ya bag it you wont kill it,,, just like that advice of 30 seconds ya cant trust people so manage it with a computer haha....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
lol I know its not a chip so to speak, its all computer managed I just wasnt sure the parameters, 155l of fuel fak thats 3 tanks thats 3 rides Im gonna have to run this biatch in the ditch before the hills...... and as posted below I was pretty sure that was the case with the timing so even if ya bag it you wont kill it,,, just like that advice of 30 seconds ya cant trust people so manage it with a computer haha....

I was reading what you wrote and though you were F^&*ked... lol.. then I realized I WROTE 155l. its 115. Sorry! lol

But yes still... The only person that tells you to run your sled full throttle for 30 secs straight during break in..... is someone that wants to to return 35 seconds later and buy a new machine lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so does that mean the polaris chip never burns out?

with such lightweight, ground breaking, new age chassis technology in the new RMK's they can't afford to supply everyone with new sleds should they release the full potential of the Poo!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard from a reliable source that the mod shop dyno'd a pro came in at just over 120 hp at 2500m if i had the time i would take the new unit down and try it out.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading what you wrote and though you were F^&*ked... lol.. then I realized I WROTE 155l. its 115. Sorry! lol

But yes still... The only person that tells you to run your sled full throttle for 30 secs straight during break in..... is someone that wants to to return 35 seconds later and buy a new machine lol

funny thing is thats not my quote on the 30 second break in period lmao I was reading it with my name at top and im like this doesnt sound like me so I clicked link and its the post below mine but has my name ya great updates to the site works so well.... haha

ha then I was thinking 155L well thats 4 tanks bahahha but 115 is more like 3 tanks so now we all know,, too funny

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mods why do the quotes come out all fugged up??

here it is with buddys name at very top lol copy and pasted from T-teams post

ohh never mind I get it now,, it was 2 quotes in one I guess

QUOTE=thegeneral;1248872]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JoHNI_T
how manys kms for the break in chip thingy???

Is this for real? is there actually some sort of retard chip that forces you to "break in " a 2 stroke engine?
I always here people talking about it but nobody at any dealer Ive spoken to can ever verify it. my last two new summits I was told to add a liter of oil to the first tank and dont hold full throttle for any more than 30 seconds till that tank was burnt.
thanks

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I was told at the dealership that my sled will seem a little sluggish for the first few tank of fuel then it will open up and be at it's full potential. I'm mostly interested in knowing if it makes a difference wether I break it in with the stock can or aftermarket can.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told at the dealership that my sled will seem a little sluggish for the first few tank of fuel then it will open up and be at it's full potential. I'm mostly interested in knowing if it makes a difference wether I break it in with the stock can or aftermarket can.

I dont think it does key word think lol,,, I was also wondering the same thing,,

what can you going with?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the sled doesn't know you have changed the can. All it is doing is measuring the reading at Point A and Point B. As long as they are within pre-defined limits you are good to go.

Best way to break the sled in is ride it. You will notice down low during the break in period when the "sluggish" part kicks in. It feels like you hit a brick wall. Unless they managed to find a way to reduce that in the mapping.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the bog lasts all year. So i can work on my new one to beat ya again next year. Same as this year

Top Bottom