2012 X package deliveries yet?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how manys kms for the break in chip thingy???

Is this for real? is there actually some sort of retard chip that forces you to "break in " a 2 stroke engine?
I always here people talking about it but nobody at any dealer Ive spoken to can ever verify it. my last two new summits I was told to add a liter of oil to the first tank and dont hold full throttle for any more than 30 seconds till that tank was burnt.
thanks

Its only on the e-tecs... what are you running? ya otherwise lil extra oil and dont hold WOT for too long thats bout it for break in on 2 strokes I hear ya

I believe the chip holds back a few rpms and adds a bit more fuel/oil for the first bit but yes its true,, I have never riden with the chip but I dont think you loose too much power

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the vent thing out back and stuck it on the sled with 2 sided tape, for display, as we have a few that have been hanging out in stock for too long, if anybody( or the e-bashing photographer/poster was smart enough to look there is no vent kit on the clutch side which is really the only thing you would need to vent on a 2011-2012 xp, as long as your not running the suit case stock exhaust which causes the right sidepanel to get so hot it almost melts. After 4 xp's, 2 with vent kits and 2 without, I have found no advantage to vent kits on the sleds, hence why there is no hole cut in my personal sled(pictured) and why the vent thing is just stuck there on it. I also installed a purple powerband and 3 monster energy stickers. With the vent thing just stuck on side panel, purple power band, and monster stickers the freeride is now way better for "out highmarking" my buddies, which is what sledding is all about. Some of you guys are too much...

Last edited:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono: thanks Bob, it's a display held on with 2 sided tape. You get one of these too.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the vent thing out back and stuck it on the sled with 2 sided tape, for display, as we have a few that have been hanging out in stock for too long, if anybody( or the e-bashing photographer/poster was smart enough to look there is no vent kit on the clutch side which is really the only thing you would need to vent on a 2011-2012 xp, as long as your not running the suit case stock exhaust which causes the right sidepanel to get so hot it almost melts. After 4 xp's, 2 with vent kits and 2 without, I have found no advantage to vent kits on the sleds, hence why there is no hole cut in my personal sled(pictured) and why the vent thing is just stuck there on it. I also installed a purple powerband and 3 monster energy stickers. With the vent thing just stuck on side panel, purple power band, and monster stickers the freeride is now way better for "out highmarking" my buddies, which is what sledding is all about. Some of you guys are too much...

Well some useful information there. Won't need vents. Thanks

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries Bob, I'm excited to ride the new 2012 and see how they work, the 2011's were really good for us and we had 1 163 blow up @ 3000miles of the 70 e-tec's we sold, gas in 1 hole oil in the other

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries Bob, I'm excited to ride the new 2012 and see how they work, the 2011's were really good for us and we had 1 163 blow up @ 3000miles of the 70 e-tec's we sold, gas in 1 hole oil in the other
what causes gas in 1 hole and oil in the other

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what causes gas in 1 hole and oil in the other

What I mean is the stock set up is pretty good, for a guy on a budget you can just ride the sled out of the box. No need to give some tuner a few grand anymore to get your stocker up to snuff. Newer sleds are more like modern dirtbikes, the stock components are pretty good and you can save your money for sled trips and other toys.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
heard yours was sent back due to ISF.

Hahaha nice try crackadoo I have the receipt and I'm friggin just waiting here so I can get it. Friggin sled show and friggin sleds there. Can't wait to go pick it up and tear into it lol

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Gonna have to change your name to KellyandhisSkiDoo. HaHa.

Hahaha ya that's my username name on doo talk lol. Ya thinking a name change is in order cause it's been quite a few years since ive even owned a poo poo and I don't think I will be buying one anytime soon

Top Bottom