2012 Revelstoke Ladies Ride Planning Thread

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mo....I'm glad you saw my post in here, I keep forgetting to tell you you're booked in LMAO!

AprilO...quite a few are booked at the Glacier House, The Peaks is also popular...you can ride to Boulder and Frisby from both of these places.
The Days Inn downtown is good too...you wouldn't ride from there though.

kpotts

Reaction score
Ooh this sounds like fun - - can someone please give me more details? What does it all entail? It is on Boulder? I come to Revy ~3x a year for the past few years so have some mountain experience but not sure if I'll be over my head with you experienced Ladies? Can hubbies come (need someone to haul my sled out from SK for me ;)) or are they banished to another area? So many questions... :p

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey kpotts

Your right, this event is a complete blast! Its essentially a 1 full day event with fellow backcountry women sledding enthusiasts. If like the last 2 years, the women all meet in the boulder parking lot, ready to ride for (ie) 9am. We all ride to the top, to the cabin and assemble with organizers and supporters. You create yourself a group and are given a guide (typically revelstoke search and rescue members, along with other members of the community & guest guides) who are well knowledged on the mountain terrain and can cater to your groups abilities. This event is open to EVERYONE, whether it's day 1 or year 15 on a sled. Your group will be with riders of similar abilities, so as the group can progress learn and play together. Don't be worried, intimidated, or anything of that sort, be thrilled and excited! For the day of the ladies ride, we essentially 'ban' our hubbies, more often than not the hubbies all ride together, sometimes on boulder sometimes elsewhere. Its up to them/you as a couple what your hubby will do. If you need him to haul your sled etc then thats great, if u need him to get squared away at the begining of the day and clear up at the end, thats fine too. If he cant come, you should still come. keep in touch with us on the forums, we'll be coming from all over, you could surely meet up with some ladies and head over in a group. There is enough of us around, it doesnt matter what happens, you wont be in trouble. Our guides on the mountain are tough guys who help dig our azzes out left right and center, but some of the greatest sense of achievement is when we dig it out ourselves as just women. and that will happen a lot across the day too.

After the day of riding, we all head back to our lodgings to 'dolly up' per say and meet for a big group supper (hubby can come to this) for a night of more social, door prizes and great company. Its an incredible experience, you meet a lot of fantastic women and leave with a whole network of friends.

I really hope you can come :)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For us, we generally go into a smaller group with our hubbys on Sunday and ride a part day. There are lots of people who stick around and ride that day though :) You'd have peeps to ride with I'm sure.

Holy crap...just noticed you're in Winnipeg :eek:

sledbunny20

Reaction score
Winnipeg most of the time and BC whatever chance I
ya Winnipeg lol...but we have a place for the winter in Sicamous, hubby is joining in on a custom sled company and if all goes well we will relocate...so I will hopefully get to get out a lot...went to go ride there this past weekend but too much exposed rocks and stumps and we didn't want to damagae our sleds :) so I guess in a couple weeks...thanks for the info

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PowderPuff will get the registration forms to us when she has them :) She generally posts it up here.

Most likely it'll be a bit closer to the date :p

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post a few pics of last year's ride: it was truly a blast! We generally go a day or two early to sled with the boys and sled Sunday as well... I didn't take many photos because we were pretty socked in, and when it did clear I was too busy pounding powder to take out the camera! The day of the Ladies Ride the snow was so great and the weather cleared after lunch: I used up an entire tank of fuel and my jerry can in 1/2 day... made it down to the Lodge on fumes... It doesn't get better than that :)

Loading pictures is incredibly slow on here, and I can't seem to link to URL's. This will have to do: For those who have Facebook, the album is public, so you can view the whole album at this link: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More (Let me know if the link doesn't work)

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 232

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned they booked me in with them... But I can't remember who?? Help me out?!

I got it all booked off work! Too pumped for this ride!

Top Bottom