15 pro?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is polaris' turn (or opportunity) this next season... as i think doo might just coast...

I cant wait to see how much hype polaris spew this year about how they have changed so much and in the end it's pretty much same damn sled as the year before ... they are good at building ya up to slam ya down lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is polaris' turn (or opportunity) this next season... as i think doo might just coast...

No I think you are correct ... but I did hear that cat was also gonna be doing big changes as well ... but I want to see polaris do something that will blow everyone's mind ...if my 1100 don't work out for me this year then its on to a poopoo next year

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmmmm..... That's kind of loser talk. I don't know who's clutching is the end all and beat all. But here's my experience. The pro is right beside my etec in a drag race one a lake around home. But in the steep and deep the North Star doesn't have the cahones. Power just isn't there. Chassis is prob better for those who can ride it but the powerplant is definitely lacking. Cat and doo have there number. Reliability included.
I know dyno numbers are just that. We can all agree etec makes more ponies to polaris. But for the love of god why hasn't some reputable company put all three brands on a track dyno and let us know. I have always wanted to know. My dodge hemi lost 104 horses through the drivetrain when measured at the wheel. Face it it's not the cranks that are in the snow! Maybe I'm thinking wrong.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suzuki 800 in the Pro? Cat is teaming with Yamaha so is contract up with Suzuki??!! Got to have Dreams!! Lol!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard they are bringing back the wedge for 2015

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone says they don't want more power... they are lying. Who wouldn't want more power and lighter.

A local dealer told me... Oh wait he knows fawk all neither.. guess we all have to wait...just like everyone else//:rolleyes:

All I can see is a new mill. isn't there an emissions law coming soon that all the 2 smokes have to comply to??

Emission law for two strokes? Now what.. two strokes will have afterburners and def additives.. "Two stroke emmision delete kit" hahaha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That brought a lot to the topic........ No offense but keep those posts over on one of LHF's posts

Tapatalk HD for IPAD
It just a joke Bro,, as if ANY one here has ANY clue what polaris will do next year,, My guess BNG:rolleyes:

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard a rumour of a 900 carls idea being used since they hold together! Lol someone even said a factory two stroke turbo with bondocker! One way or another more hp is a must!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since it's Polaris anniversary, I heard a very limited build on a very lightweight pro, something that burant has been testing for awhile now. I heard this from a fellow in the states and from someone in canada.
Full carbon fiber chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since it's Polaris anniversary, I heard a very limited build on a very lightweight pro, something that burant has been testing for awhile now. I heard this from a fellow in the states and from someone in canada.
Full carbon fiber chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sumthn huge may be brewing. They went huge for 50yrs in 2005 wit 900 166. That was a massive change that helped them get to where they r now, even if the sled wasnt as successful as planed.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sumthn huge may be brewing. They went huge for 50yrs in 2005 wit 900 166. That was a massive change that helped them get to where they r now, even if the sled wasnt as successful as planed.

Are they planning to restore the namesake of the 900 166"?

When are the 2015's being announced?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no clue what they are planning, but I know what I THINK would be smart if I owned Polaris and gave a chit about my product... I think the Polaris chassis is a proven performer, so changing it would be stupidity. Going lighter is just gonna be a nightmare for broken parts and warranty claims. I am 125 pounds soaking wet and built like a chicken: If I can ride the machine, it doesn't need to be lighter. Heck, I have seen 7 year old boys lay that thing down in the snow and make it dance. More time and money spent on a lighter machine is redundancy.

BUUUUUTTTT, we all know that Polaris has not really earned a great reputation in the motor department. So this would be a good place to make a machine that is doing quite well in the market really shine. I am a huge fan of Suzuki motors and would love to see Polaris go that way, but I don't think they are that smart. Using a 900 Carls would be an upgrade, but I think it would be a tough marketing sell because the old 900's were not reliable machines. Bringing back a 900 and convincing people to buy it would be tough without some slick marketing. I truly don't think there is a hope of seeing a factory turbo or a carbon fibre chassis. Options for plastics and shock upgrades would be bonus, but I think that after 3 years of resting on easy street, Polaris owes their customer something bigger and better for their anniversary year.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just talking trash. Can't see the 900 coming back..but agree, motor should be #1.

Maybe this year Poo will do powder coated tunnels...

IWasThere

Reaction score
Lots of pretty big changes for their 60th anniversary.

Four piece tunnel. Aluminum in middle where heat exchanges mount. Top corners an L-bar that carbon fiber sides mount to. Carbon goes down and bends for the boards (same aluminum ones they have on the pros) mount to. Rolled edge attaches to the tunnel similarly as it currently does. Tunnel extension is all carbon fiber. From what I am understanding, this design saves no dry weight, but they're going to be playing up the wet weights. As the Rush is no more, this new tunnel/bulkhead design is actually going to be shared with the new short tracker Pro-Indy and Switchback XCR. Non-pro sleds will still have all aluminum tunnels.

Speaking of short trackers, new "in tunnel" rising rate rear suspension. Partially an R-Motion knock off, with more linkage going on so the front arm is also rising rate. RMK's might get a version of this, but very much "in testing" still and might be a 2016 thing - won't know if it gets the greenlight until official launch - they have a third design that was "the next step up" from a T-motion that was in testing for last 3 years, even got up to manufacturing testing, but failed at last minute because it just didn't work better than the existing suspension - particularly with this new rising rate skid on the horizon - it hit the drawing board. The big thing is that the "Pro" lines are all Snow check only and limited numbers.

RMK hood and styling are the same, but the new Indy gets a bit of a facelift. Little bit "inspired" by the RZR's I think, with the "fenders" and new LED headlights, but I guess it blocks wind for the easterners. Again, the bulkhead and a-arms are mostly unchanged. Polaris is trying power steering on the two-up sleds.

The 800 is making more power, it's actually an 850 now with a new bottom end. Injection system is new, but layout I think looked the same? Not much for details, very WIP still and fairly low on hype just yet. The big news is two fourstrokes... The RZR 1000 gets put into a sled and guess what! It's decent 600 cc class power, comparable to the cat 1100 but *lots* lighter. Lighter than the Doo 900 with more power is their tag line. The other fourstroke is the 570 rzr motor into a sled to replace the fan cooled 550 (mostly for European markets and asia) work and touring type sleds. Apparently Polaris can build the 570 fourstroke themselves, EFI and all, for as cheap as it is to ship the 550 fanner from Fuji and with rising EPA requirements the fanner's gotta go. (This years proliferation of 550's was a parts bin clean out.)

So far, only a few things to be said about any of the other manufacturers. I'm told Cat and Yamaha are building a mountain sled together... and it'll have a turbo! The old 1100 suzuki is out. Lots of changes to the mountain chassis for this turbo, but details were light. Seemed to be the big exciting thing from their respective camps. Oh yeah, Cat 800, exact same motor, no "Made in Japan" stamps on it though. The new injection system is in testing/calibration still.

Skidoo I have less info on as sources are stupid tight lipped. Was talk of a twin track prototype being shown off... a revival of the Elite with some Maverick-class suspension. No plans for production, mostly going to be looking to see if there's interest.

--------------

The above post is probably all BS. ;)

IWasThere

Reaction score
We'll see how long this is up. Not quite "melting sled" cheezy as the Rush intro, but annoying just the same.

Background pattern is kind of a carbon fiber look... interesting eh?

Top Bottom