10% Ethanol or No Ethanol Plug

Parfetts

Reaction score
Hey Guys, New to polaris this year have one ride down the pro. I have had two different dealers tell me two different things. Only run non ethanol fuel and the other tell me run whatever fuel you want with the 10% plug in. Just curious what everyone was doing. Had no issues with running non ethanol fuel with the plug in non eth. Thanks for you help!

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the non-ethanol plug with shell 91 octane fuel and it works great. the 10% ethanol plug made my sled kinda bog out and such and it didnt run as good as it does now with the non-ethanol plug and the shell 91 octane fuel.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris recommends if u use any ethanol u should have it plugged into the ethanol side and if using no ethanol,plug into the premium/non ethanol side...Haven't had mine out yet but will do what Polaris recommends...

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
I would run non ethanol if possible but if not make sure u plugged in for ethanol to cover your a## on warranty! 004.jpg

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As others said use the ethanol plug if using ethanol fuel and also when your unsure about the quality of your fuel. Running non-ethanol premium fuel with the ethanol plug will not hurt anything. The ethanol plug increased the fuel mix about 5%. Some recommend running the ethanol plug with non-ethinol premium fuel during break in. I did with my 2011 until I got through 2 tanks. If you have good non-ethanol premium use the premium plug.

dschwindt

Reaction score
I pulled my 10% ethanol plug out after it developed a bog as well I use esso premium fuel. I have not had a bog since and sled is running perfect checked plugs and piston wash look good. Have not seen the det light year on the display.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run nothing but Shell Premium for at least 10 years now and I don't plan on changing anytime soon because I have never had a fuel related engine failure. My cat seized but it was an oil problem. Non Ethanol plug, if you have any doubt it your fuel has ethanol or not I would run the Ethanol plug just to be safe.

Top Bottom