2023 G5 Turbo - Chevron 94 Non Ethanol

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey - Just trying to safe here but is the Chevron 94 non ethanol ok to run in the 23 850R with the head and different plugs? It’s 1.62L in Red Deer so rather fill up here.
Look forward to hearing from everyone.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey - Just trying to safe here but is the Chevron 94 non ethanol ok to run in the 23 850R with the head and different plugs? It’s 1.62L in Red Deer so rather fill up here.
Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Nope, stay away. Blew up my ch!t yesterday. Just get the dreaded ethanol versions, they perform much better.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't they just need 91? Why would you go over that? You're not getting any performance advantage with it. Unless you're just trying to stay away from ethanol?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't they just need 91? Why would you go over that? You're not getting any performance advantage with it. Unless you're just trying to stay away from ethanol?
Yes was trying to avoid the ethanol - so sounds like stay 91 shell
Thank you

RBS145

Reaction score
I had a ethanol content sensor / gauge in my car all summer. Numerous fill ups at Shell, Petro and Chevron. I'm yet to see any ethanol content showing up in their fuel so far. Doesn't it say "could contain up to 10% ethanol"?

Surprised that people aren't running ethanol in turbo sleds, my car makes 100hp more on ethanol. I know ethanol can attract water if left sitting, so maybe that's why?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a ethanol content sensor / gauge in my car all summer. Numerous fill ups at Shell, Petro and Chevron. I'm yet to see any ethanol content showing up in their fuel so far. Doesn't it say "could contain up to 10% ethanol"?

Surprised that people aren't running ethanol in turbo sleds, my car makes 100hp more on ethanol. I know ethanol can attract water if left sitting, so maybe that's why?

they dont say why, but polaris and skidoo both say in their manuals 91 octane no ethanol is recommended. 94 would be just fine as long as it has no ethanol

RBS145

Reaction score
they dont say why, but polaris and skidoo both say in their manuals 91 octane no ethanol is recommended. 94 would be just fine as long as it has no ethanol
I should clarify, my turbo car loves e85. It allows me to run more boost, similar to higher octane. But, safer according to the tuner. I'd love to know why sleds hate it though.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We had a discussion earlier in the year about this as well. E sensor and a map to take advantage of that would be sweeeet!

RBS145

Reaction score
We had a discussion earlier in the year about this as well. E sensor and a map to take advantage of that would be sweeeet!
Yeah, for sure! There is also a pump for it in Calgary and it's the priced the same as regular 87 fuel. 85% Ethanol / 15% 87 octane. Free race gas!

Car makes 40hp more on ethanol than it made on 108 octane as well.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
e85 requires 30% more fuel delivery than gasolines. with a flex sensor and tune it could be done but factory powersports companies are not going to do the r&d for it. all brands of these pigs are hard enough on fuel as it is let alone adding another 30%.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then there’s the more power, less throttle, less fuel usage theory

Top Bottom