09 M8 Sno Pro left in the Mountains

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh... thats a keen eye. Ofcourse maybe some savvy M8 Cat guy came upon this wreck and swappped out his stock pipe for the mod pipe and the turbo and had to leave his OEM pipe just lying there??? :confused::confused::d:d

Last time I checked it's more common for the stock pipe to be used with turbo applications.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to set the record straight on this sled.....there are lots insinuations floating around out there. Whether the tunnel was twisted, it had a turbo, etc, etc. This is the story from one of the guys riding with the unfortunate owner of the said M8:

"yes, it was stripped out there, we went out 2 weekends ago and the guy who owned it was with us, the clutch side cylinder seized about 3 seconds before it went over the cliff, it was only about 20 feet down and there was only a crack in the belly pan, he went back to get it and we were going to help him get it out and they looted the track, rear suspension, all the shocks, skis, the ECU, the diamond drive and they wrecked the hood to, it shame, you should be able to leave a broken down sled out there and not have it stripped like that."

Now hopefully the sled (what's left of it by now) will get hauled off the mountain soon. It doesn't look good to just leave it there, especially when the MoE's are looking at every opportunity to find us sledders doing something wrong. We have already lost 80% of our riding areas and with chit like this going down it's only one more piece of ammo to fire right back at us. Even if the guy collected the insurance on it, he should still be responsible and remove it or have someone remove it. IMHO.

1968chevy

Reaction score
:nono: I agree with the others that sled needs to be taken out of there, Otherwise it's one more nail in the coffin for the rest of us :realmad:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the guy roled it down the hilled and it was wrecked called insurance and took everything salvagble and sold it of kept it for spares?

tigger too

Reaction score
Stock pipe sitting there, probably no turbo?

so where ever u go there is always someone who wants to strip a sled down .. so how long do you think a sled in the mountians should stay before some clowns figure it is fair game ??? We had to leave a buddies sled up in the mountians over night to get replacement parts butI wouldn't leave it much longer than that

Parad0x01

Reaction score
Wow we just revived a 2 year old thread lol. Anyone ever find out what happened to the rest of that sled?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Boggles my mind.....

I often have to tell my 8 year old..."if it's not yours, don't touch it"

Not sure why adults can't seem to grasp this theory... what is the difference between a car broken down on the side of the highway and a sled broken down on the trail....

There is no excuse... if you take parts from a sled that is not yours abandoned or not...YOU ARE A THIEF no ifs ands ors buts about it....

People will try to justify themselves "it was crashed & abandoned"..."it was there for over a week".... "why would someone just leave it"...."probably stolen anyway".... None of which are acceptable, Like it or not YOUR A THIEF.....

the ONLY thing you need to do is report it to the proper authorities....

Fawking losers.... :realmad::realmad:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I had a sled break down on the hill years ago and we worked all day and couldnt get it out cuz the snow was too deep so I left it there and thought I would grab it 2 weeks later when we were going next. I phoned my insurance company and they told me that there was no coverage if something happened to it because it was abandoned by me. Needless to say a day later I went to get it and nobody had touched it. It is a shame that some people have no respect anymore, if I ever caught someone stealing parts I would nail the throttle and use them as a ramp!!

Parad0x01

Reaction score
I had a sled break down on the hill years ago and we worked all day and couldnt get it out cuz the snow was too deep so I left it there and thought I would grab it 2 weeks later when we were going next. I phoned my insurance company and they told me that there was no coverage if something happened to it because it was abandoned by me. Needless to say a day later I went to get it and nobody had touched it. It is a shame that some people have no respect anymore, if I ever caught someone stealing parts I would nail the throttle and use them as a ramp!!

Wow you got lucky. My biggest fear of riding in the mountains is breaking down and having to leave it for a while. Can't trust anyone....especially when theres nobody watching them lol

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow we just revived a 2 year old thread lol. Anyone ever find out what happened to the rest of that sled?

No, we never got the whole story of what eventually happened to that SnoPro. Lots of rumors, innuendos....we've been up there 2 seasons of riding after we found it and haven't seen a trace of it since.

Top Bottom