09 M8 Sno Pro left in the Mountains

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something for you guys to shake your head over....brand new sled just left behind. Parts are being stripped, don't understand why anyone would just leave it there.....

Attachments

• DSC01935.jpg
    DSC01935.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC01936.jpg
    DSC01936.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC01942.jpg
    DSC01942.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 489

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stolen? Are any of the vins scratched off? How longs it been there? Why are you or people stripping it, what if the owner just couldn't get it out the day it was left due to an injury or something.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how our group found it. We heard it was there for over a week. The story was a guy ran it off some rocks, and left it there. The engine is seized. Some say it had a turbo on it. One guy we talked to that saw it the week before said it was totally intact, like it had broken down and was waiting to get towed out. Some crooks must have gone in during the week and started stripping parts, rear skid, track, shocks, ECU were gone. We should have got the VIN #'s off the tunnel, would have been able to trace it. Some people are going up this weekend so hopefully we can find out who it belongs to, if it was stolen or what?

sledrocs

Reaction score
u would think they would have been back within a few days if its ligit but i bet its not the main thing is it doesnt look good for us ligit sleders thats 1 more reason for the gov to take away are riding areas some people just have no responsibility if this is the case u know the still i few g"s worth of parts there if it where in my ares i would drag that sucker down to the cat dealer and if no one claims it maby make a deal with the dealer for the parts

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the hell? Why would someone just leave a new sled up the mountains. I would suggest that if you check the VIN you will find that it has been reported stolen.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably is stolen, but I garaunte the guys that started stripping it didn't check to see if it was stolen or ligit. What bothers me is if you have to leave a sled on the hill overnight or a couple days till you can get back to it to retrieve it, is it going to be gutted.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that our fellow sledders would do this....like you say there is always a sled in a group that has trouble. WTF??? You can't even leave a sled overnight anymore if you break down??? This sled is in an area not easily accessible, back about 5 mtn ranges up in the steep then 50 kms by road to the parking lot. Not easily towed out, but sleds have been towed out before by other routes. This doesn't look good, paints us sledders all in a bad light....we have lost 80% of our riding areas as of Feb 17th, and this is just one more piece of ammunition to use against us. Our local dealer knows that the machine is there as we let him know about it, it is going to have to be taken out of there ASAP.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe because of how hard it is tow out due to where it is from what you said, the guy was trying to line up a chopper ride and took a couple of days longer than he though, all this is speculation but whatever. GUess if my new sled dieds and I have to leave it on the mountain till it can be rescued I have to stay with it or just write it off and buy another one.:eek:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have been that someone busted up their brand new sled, found it hard to tow out so they reported it stolen to collect the insurance. Some folks think that insurance fraud is OK because the companies are always screwing us over.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have been that someone busted up their brand new sled, found it hard to tow out so they reported it stolen to collect the insurance. Some folks think that insurance fraud is OK because the companies are always screwing us over.

Kinda what I was hinting at earlier. Didn't have the balls to out right say but glad that some one did. If this is the case this is exactly why the insurance companies are soaking us. I truely hope that this is not the case, either way not a good image for the rest of us responsible sledders to live with. Hope that some gets to the bottom of this and justice is served. I'm not holding my breath but something has to happen to stop this kind of chit.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's insane what goes on! it's gotta be hot or insurance fraud for sure! freakin ridiculous either way if you ask me!...then crooked ppl come along with no clue as to whats what with the sled and start strippin it....wow

.....damn I sure coulda used that turbo!!!! lmao :p

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That poor kitty was crashed pretty bad if you ask me, even the tunnel is twisted. My guess is the dude crashed it, had no collision or did not want a claim against his record so he left it and reported it stolen. Theft is not as penalizing on your ins. record as a wreck claim I believe??? And the deductable is less on theft?? Now we all have to pay for his lack of conscience next time we pay our premium...

:twocents:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That poor kitty was crashed pretty bad if you ask me, even the tunnel is twisted. My guess is the dude crashed it, had no collision or did not want a claim against his record so he left it and reported it stolen. Theft is not as penalizing on your ins. record as a wreck claim I believe??? And the deductable is less on theft?? Now we all have to pay for his lack of conscience next time we pay our premium...

:twocents:

Scotty you are makin' a bold satement based on pics. You and I both know that pictures don't always do justice. Explain to your friend that has never been to the mountains the picture or video for that matter of you doin' a hill climb. Looks pretty flat to him doesn't it. Same with the pic posted of this sled. You cann't tell if the tunnel is twisted. the hood damage could be from the theives. This case is going to be hard to determine as to what happened until the owner is located and he/she makes a statement. Lets' not jump to conclusions.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty you are makin' a bold satement based on pics. You and I both know that pictures don't always do justice. Explain to your friend that has never been to the mountains the picture or video for that matter of you doin' a hill climb. Looks pretty flat to him doesn't it. Same with the pic posted of this sled. You cann't tell if the tunnel is twisted. the hood damage could be from the theives. This case is going to be hard to determine as to what happened until the owner is located and he/she makes a statement. Lets' not jump to conclusions.

The pic of the sled is what it is! The thing has been crashed!!! :confused: Do you really think that theives would wreck that hood worth about 700 beens? No they'd take it?? And yes the tunnel is twisted, even split behind the boards.

Who cares about statements.. would you leave your hard earned sled worth 10,000.00 g's on the hill for a week or more :confused::confused: No you'd go get it asap!

C'mon pipes, you know better than that. LOL ... just given you a hard time :beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's insane what goes on! it's gotta be hot or insurance fraud for sure! freakin ridiculous either way if you ask me!...then crooked ppl come along with no clue as to whats what with the sled and start strippin it....wow

.....damn I sure coulda used that turbo!!!! lmao :p

Stock pipe sitting there, probably no turbo?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh... thats a keen eye. Ofcourse maybe some savvy M8 Cat guy came upon this wreck and swappped out his stock pipe for the mod pipe and the turbo and had to leave his OEM pipe just lying there??? :confused::confused::d:d
Anythings possible.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could someone please grab me those adjustable handle bars???:d

Top Bottom