05 750 brute... back firing...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend has a 05 750 brute that has a dynachip, epi clutch kit and hmf pipe...oh and its snorkled too with a 2 inch inlet

it seems to pop and fart out the intake-exhaust.... also sometimes the 2wd-4wd light flashes.... he said kind of seems to happen since the clutch kit.... 4x4 works fine.... i also was thinkin that he needs to jet it up a bit... like its runnin lean..... it also has problems with over heating with everything clean... with out the t stat in even.... also was thinkin that runnin lean with warm her up faster.... ????

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The flashing 2w/4w most likely has something to do with the clutch. Unless it happens all the time I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise there might be a problem inside.

What is at the end off the snorkel? If it is just a straight cut off pipe the wind will cause not enough air to enter it while driving resulting in coughing and sputtering. I've seen them with a 90 degree facing forward but don't like the fact of forcing air in them. I have 2 90 degree elbows on mine facing backwards which Seems to work ok unless it is really windy and your going really fast.

Water pump for over heating issue? Have heard of those going to hell causingnheat issues..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it has a 90 facin down...... hes had problems with the dynatec cdi.... it would only run on one cylinder..... the water pump i could mabe see but it doesn't happen all the time..... now it has a different rad from somethin else cause its like 3 inch smaller than mine.... was thinkin mabe that... and thats the way he bought it..... also was thinkin that mabe its runnin lean causeing the heat prob too ..... cause its still stock jets with the pipe,chip and snorkel added after...

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah jetting might help for the backfiring and popping. should be done after a pipe and chip install. not sure if snorkels affect jetting or not. does it have a sufficient amount of coolant in the resovoir?... i know some kawis just over heat regularly and others have no problems. usually biggest culprit is a dirty rad. it may look clean but can you see through it?

TKOOIL

Reaction score
You will have to rejet with the add ons and possibly shim the needles,be careful to put diaphrams back in properly after you work on the carbs.If you want to check and see if it is lean put choke on half way while driving if it runs better you are lean.You can also put a 2" to 1 1/2" reducer in the intake snorkel feeding it less air,but iwould rejet more air+more fuel=more power if you get it right.

Top Bottom