06 brute 750 2wd-4wd light flashing - noise

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the clutch cover has extra noise now and the 2wd -4wd light goes back and forth for the same [ time and sequince ]....

2wd and 4wd works but can here a new noise now from the clutch cover...

was thinkin the engine brake controler is messed up and also causing the noise and light

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's happened to me a few times to when I had conniption problems. Try cleaning your battery and alternator connections see if that helps. Also happened on my grandpas kaki 360. Can't remember how we fixed it though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took the belt cover off and the belt is 100%..... did the test on the acuator..

ended up unpluging the kebc controler and resting it i guess cause now it works fine and has the noise when ya turn the key on and off...

plus the extra clutch noise is gone....

i think i will be bypassing the kebc with the relay trick.... with the clutch kit i have in it under 5 mph it kicks out anyways..... and from what i can gather the kebc wears the clutch out faster anyways

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ended up unpluging the kebc controler and resting it i guess cause now it works fine and has the noise when ya turn the key on and off...

i think i will be bypassing the kebc with the relay trick.... with the clutch kit i have in it under 5 mph it kicks out anyways..... and from what i can gather the kebc wears the clutch out faster anyways
How did you fix this problem? My brute is flashing 2WD-4WD back and forth.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery for an hour then see what it does. after that il message you what the manual says to do

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wait, so the KAPS system actually wears the belt faster?

Can you describe this mod? :beer::beer:

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the adc system on a polaris exceprt it puts back pressure on the the primary clutch. good system if you dont mind the extra belt wear. il show you what adc is all about sunday

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the adc system on a polaris exceprt it puts back pressure on the the primary clutch. good system if you dont mind the extra belt wear. il show you what adc is all about sunday

I used to own a Polaris 850XP, I know all about ADC, real handy-dandy id you ask me. KAPS in Lo range works the same way I find. PoPo's was just a tad smoother.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the adc except it doesnt work over 25 kph! lol. pending how far away the problem is i can fix. spent lots of time workin on friends kawis:rant:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the adc except it doesnt work over 25 kph! lol. pending how far away the problem is i can fix. spent lots of time workin on friends kawis:rant:

No problems on mine, just curious about that KAPS mod... Heard it improves belt life!!! Im game for that mod!

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now the flashing stop and it doesnt go into 4WD anymore. Accuator? Suggestions?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok took the kbec fork off and greased up the gears and stuff inside the acuator.....

when it shows the code [ depending on the time in sequence flashing on what wrong ]... mine was for the kbec..... the fork would stay stuck out draging the clutch and that y the gears would drag and quad would move at idle....

mine the 4wd still worked u just never knew what u were in on the display...

there is a mod that makes it show thw switch - display... and i tryed it but then its in 4wd all the time [ but the display shows 2wd or 4wd right ] ... it might be ok down in the states to have her locked up all the time but i wanted it to work right....

man now i have had everything apart at least once on my brute.... i fixed the gas tank vent [ easy place for water to get in ] , put and extension on the engine vent up to the bottom of the handle bars [ so the oil don't go into the carbs.. ] ....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet tex you take that thing apart more times than i can imagine. one of these days you'll get it runnin. hehehe:beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet tex you take that thing apart more times than i can imagine. one of these days you'll get it runnin. hehehe:beer:

Add a poo poo sticker and problems sloved

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex was sayin his young lad copies everything he does, young tex junior has his own set of tools, and water wings:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it were a po po first i shoot myself , second i don't have that much time to work on a po po.... need a life....

but no more popin and fartin now guys..... woo i'll go throught it all now...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex was sayin his young lad copies everything he does, young tex junior has his own set of tools, and water wings:d

yep i even stealth snorkled his quad too... cause he likes the water too......

monkey see monkey do...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

monkey see monkey do...

he'll be lookin for chest waders now. and a 12 pack of root beer. eh :d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

monkey see monkey do...

You the monkey god too??????????????????:eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom