yellowstone

vertical

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has rode down at west yellowstone. if anyone has any suggestions where to stay? going to go down next year with family. thought we would rent sleds for couple days to ride in park and take our sleds to ride outside the rest of the time. any imfo. would be great, thanks:rolleyes::confused:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode there 2 years ago it was great we stay at the West Yellowstone Lodge I believe great place and the whole town is very sledder friendly. You'll have a great time! I know there is a couple rental place when you are going into the Park from Cody WY side and those sleds you can use in the park. There is rental places in west Yellowstone just not sure if they can be used in the park.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent 4 days riding in West Yellowstone this Febuary. I can't say enough good stuff about it. It was an amazing four days of riding. We put on 900 km's in the best riding contions I have seen in my many years of sledding, including Valemount, Radium, etc. We rode 100's of km's of groomed trails that were mostly powder covered (this year was above normal as far as snow fall goes) ranging from 4500 feet to 9000 feet in elavation. Lots of powder laden meadows, some hill climbs, a bit of everything. If you get the chance to go take full advantage of it :) You won't be dissappointed I'm sure. I can't wait until next year.

I cant think of a better place if you want to include the family... everything from novice to expert. Great hospitality from the locals as well.

We never rode in the Park so I can't elaborate on that... 4 stroke only I know that... but who wants to ride in the park anyway??? :rolleyes::D:D The fun stuff is outside the park.

Attachments

• 2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0043.jpg
    2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0043.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0031.jpg
    2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0031.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0049.jpg
    2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0049.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 92

sledder800

Reaction score
Rode West Yellowstone mid February, snow was awesome, best in 10 years is what we heard. Having been down a couple time over the past years it certainly was the best conditions we have experienced. As well, it was 8 days of sledding put on over 1500 kim with blue skies and sunny every day. Even though there was no fresh snow, we found untracked snow even on our last day of riding. Stayed at the Desert Inn Best Western, great rates and contintental breakfast. The trail system is awesome and the alpine areas are even more spectacular, so the riding challenges are there for all. We rode mostly alpine areas but it was great to have groomed trails to get to the alpines. All the businesses cater to the sledders and this is a real treat especially after trying to riding locally here. We were in the park previously so being you can't take your own machines in, unless 4 stroke we didn't go in. Others in the group took a tour bus, which they enjoyed and gave them a day off the sleds. I would definitely go into the park to see the amazing sites.

Top Bottom