Yellowhead Overlanders ATV Society

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a club that is forming and hoping to gain members and momentum in Parkland County west of Edmonton.

Attached here is the membership form, if you are interested in the club I will post upcoming meetings/rides etc here in this thread!

Thanks,

TG

Attachments

• Yellowhead Overlanders Membership Form.pdf
    178.4 KB · Views: 125

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
With the lack of members and support the Outlaw ATV club has I guess I question why the need for another club. Would it not make more sense join the existing and work on expanding?

The AB Beach ( Outlaw ) club already works closely with our sled club sharing resourses, already utilizes the LSA county portion of HHA (RR540 North) just seems much like re-inventing the wheel to me...

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to up date the form as it has last years date on it, or should we just cross out the 12 and write in 13?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Interested more in this local club. HHA is a great / only close place to get out for afternoon mud ride, and would love to help keep it open, legal , and clean.

You'd be surprised how much good local riding outside HHA is available...

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it had to do with the area that they are from, Parkland county. I have heard of the outlaw club, but are they affiliated with the Lac Ste Ann club?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I thought it had to do with the area that they are from, Parkland county. I have heard of the outlaw club, but are they affiliated with the Lac Ste Ann club?

Sorry it is the Lac Ste.Anne ATV club which works with our club. who are the outlaw ATV club then? I searched AB Beach ATV club and got the outlaws....

"Lac Ste. Anne ATV Clubs is up and running and is an association. Fees include membership in Alberta Off Highway Vehical Association, which the Lac Ste Anne ATV Club registers for you. Family $ 60.00 Single $40.00 Company $100.00. If you are already a member of Alberta Off Highway Vehicle Association the fees will be reduced to reflect this .
I expect to be manning the registration desk at the Ralley with membership applications.
Our web site is under construction , we will have a message board and email as well as other information. I would like to offer service similar to the Outlaw web site which I think is awesome. We would like to include linke to other clubs as well. Now I have to beat the bushes for some door prises any suggestions."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lac-Ste-Anne-ATV-Club/163235270375901

No intending to hijack a thread just trying to figure out who is who....

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was at the last meeting it was brought up about the Overlanders Club was looking to garner support for HHA. I was sure that Lac St Ann club could not be directly involved as it wasn't in the County of Lac St Ann.( parkland county) I thought the outlaws were more of a Jack'em Up and Snorkle the heck out it club, but I could be wrong.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outlaw ATV Club is just a name not a club.....social only..for the purpose of rides and social funtions not recognized as a society so many "members" are members of true clubs and pay membership. OAC is a website like "Snow and Mud" so I do not think catagorizing them as a type of group is fair.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
With the lack of members and support the Outlaw ATV club has I guess I question why the need for another club. Would it not make more sense join the existing and work on expanding?

The AB Beach ( Outlaw ) club already works closely with our sled club sharing resourses, already utilizes the LSA county portion of HHA (RR540 North) just seems much like re-inventing the wheel to me...

Ian,

on Friday I had called the Parkland County Enforcement Services to invite them to the snowmobile clubs "media ride" and asked questions about the decision made last week the gentlemen I spoke to could not give me much info but said he would pass my contact info onto his boss and he would call me. I thought, "yeah right, because this guy has time to actually just call a citizen and speak to him"..... Tuesday morning at 10am, I got a call from Mr Cross at Parkland County, and he was VERYopen and honest with me. Parkland County has committed to working with the Yellowhead Overlanders to come up with a more suitable location for an OHV park, they feel it is a necessity to the county to provide a dedicated area for their residents to use their Quads/Side By Sides etc. The conversation was very positive and he was very good to speak to, he told me if I ever have any questions or concerns to call him directly and that he looks forward to working WITH the ATV/UTV users in Parkland County to come up with a solution.

I think that the Overlanders need to step up a bit more in their membership drive, and I plan to aid in that.

I will be calling on Families such as Mike270412's and Others that ride in these areas to join the club at the minimum to help get numbers up and give a better representation to government. The Overlanders are a registered club with the AOHVA and as such our numbers do show to the Alberta Government.

Lets get this group rolling guys, there are tonnes of us on here from Parkland County and surrounding area, what's $50/year for a family to try to keep ATV usage legal in the County?????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They need to up date the form as it has last years date on it, or should we just cross out the 12 and write in 13?

I'm going to actually get them to just take that line off of our future forms Kelly..... but for now, yes, just cross out the 12, and write in 13.

Thanks.

chop

Reaction score
Hi Tyler , when is there next meeting ,i forgot from the last meeting i was at. It seems there a slow moving bunch and i'm interested in what they have planned for the season . interesting that there still isn't a web page or facebook page ? If they want members that is.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Tyler , when is there next meeting ,i forgot from the last meeting i was at. It seems there a slow moving bunch and i'm interested in what they have planned for the season . interesting that there still isn't a web page or facebook page ? If they want members that is.

Should be March 12, 7pm at Rosenthal Hall once again

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
How did I get dragged into this?
I think I'm already a member
Ian,

on Friday I had called the Parkland County Enforcement Services to invite them to the snowmobile clubs "media ride" and asked questions about the decision made last week the gentlemen I spoke to could not give me much info but said he would pass my contact info onto his boss and he would call me. I thought, "yeah right, because this guy has time to actually just call a citizen and speak to him"..... Tuesday morning at 10am, I got a call from Mr Cross at Parkland County, and he was VERYopen and honest with me. Parkland County has committed to working with the Yellowhead Overlanders to come up with a more suitable location for an OHV park, they feel it is a necessity to the county to provide a dedicated area for their residents to use their Quads/Side By Sides etc. The conversation was very positive and he was very good to speak to, he told me if I ever have any questions or concerns to call him directly and that he looks forward to working WITH the ATV/UTV users in Parkland County to come up with a solution.

I think that the Overlanders need to step up a bit more in their membership drive, and I plan to aid in that.

I will be calling on Families such as Mike270412's and Others that ride in these areas to join the club at the minimum to help get numbers up and give a better representation to government. The Overlanders are a registered club with the AOHVA and as such our numbers do show to the Alberta Government.

Lets get this group rolling guys, there are tonnes of us on here from Parkland County and surrounding area, what's $50/year for a family to try to keep ATV usage legal in the County?????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
How did I get dragged into this?
I think I'm already a member

Because you're the first other local dude I could think of with a fleet of summer ohv's.

You are not on the list of members from 2012. Club membership fees are paid annually just like the snowmobile club

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Because you're the first other local dude I could think of with a fleet of summer ohv's.

You are not on the list of members from 2012. Club membership fees are paid annually just like the snowmobile club

Ok maybe I was a member

chop

Reaction score
Hay Tyler , did you make it to the meeting last Tuesday . I was out of town for work and just wondering what was talked about? any word on there web site .

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the meeting, can definitely use more people. A few things were discussed like the staging area that had been proposed was shot down due to concerns. but Tyler has a lot more info. I would like to see the club do well as we can use one closer to Edmonton.

Top Bottom