Yamahas in Valemount Snow? Will these get around

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning on going to Valemount Nov 27 28 29 Weekend.

My Reletives would like to come heres what they got.

2008-Venture lite 144x1.25 track
2008-Rs Vector ltx 136x1.25
2008-Phaser RTX 121x1

These are all stock units The phaser is brand new.

Will they be able to get around without too many difficulties?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are they experinced riders? that 121 track will be a good work out but u can have fun on ne size sled.

Not too experienced . We arnt planning on climbing way up just playing around in some snow since we dont got any yet.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this time of year its hard to say.. being shorter tracks and what not. around the cabin at allen creek or climina i think you would be ok.. just dono about getting into some of the further back for the better areas.. but hey, a day in the mnts stuck or riding is a better day working or doing nothing

its all fun!!! have fun i dont think u would be disappointed

Rioplay

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of phazers drop into an area and not make it out. They had to be towed out by a much bigger sled. If you watch where you are going you will be ok.
I would suggest riding Clemina, it is pretty easy area to get into.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there ill be 1 renegade 800 with 141x2.25
1 09 summit 800
1 06 apx 163 track
and the other yamahas.

Thanks for the info if we do get that phaser burried we should be able to pull it out with one of the machines.:d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also if they stay on one of the bigger sleds packed trails. Remember guys use to ride out there on much older, and smaller tracks. Cheers.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You will be ok,Its pretty easy to figure out how far you can go,after two or three stucks in a 100 yrds its time to turn around but with the amount of traffic at clemina you shouldnt have much to worrry about!

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
Just hope theres a good base. If there is 2.5-3ft of powder don't stray too far away off the track.and when you do leave the track keep the hammer down

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not bring that 121x1 phazer.....a friend of my friend came and brought one of those...worst mistake ever...couldnt go anywhere. not even some of the areas...absolutely brutal. im willing to help out and whatnot but that machine was a joke....also its a 14 wide aswell.....

crosroads

Reaction score
The phazer will be fine, I've taken the wifes phazer in 3 feet of powder in whitecourt without issues. Just keep it pinned and know how to ride.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rode Allen Creek in 1979 on a Yamaha ET 340 had a whole 3/4" paddle track on it. We had fun but dont loose site of that cabin. Was in a different spot back then. Have fun just dont follow the big boys around. Keep it easy and stay near the cabin area. All should be good. We never went over Mt. Milton till at least 1985. Looked but never went. Not enough rope in Valemount to get those old sleds out. Now totally different. Back then we still had fun even with 6" of fresh it was a total workout.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weare just looking to go around the cabin and stuff no looking for too much of a challenge just need to get rid of this itch.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also has to do with experience.

A few years ago i dropped into some place with a 136" 600 mountain max (bullet proof sled) and everyone else on new 800 rev's and my dad on a 1000 rt.. Wasn't fair, but oh well, i lived and had fun.

We dropped down this really steep hill that had like a step on it to gain some more speed.

We realized "Crap, Will the 600 make it out?" As my dad was getting out his towstraps to pull me behind his 162 rt1000, I took a run at it and made it out with a bit of a struggle. Then there was a phazer.. That couldn't make it out. Not even being pulled behind a bigger sled, He needed identical 800 xp's to pull him out due to lack of skill.. He wouldnt keep his sled pinned.

Moral of the story... Full throttle FTW!

Top Bottom