YamaFest 2014

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elans rock, last time I was in revy my back up sled was one but unfortunately never broke down.
the bank probably don't own his rev either!

Hell yah! Riding old iron gets the blood pumping to. Hit the hill knowing you'll never make it but also knowing if you don't your friends can still give you a hand ( short walk) and in the end you won't have to try and pay off that $30 k mangled mess.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching your buddy on his Rev was pure entertainment!! I agree, who cares what you ride, just get out there and have fun.

I really wish I could have been there to watch it! My other buddy that's riding with the rev on his nytro had a good crash in the airport chutes yesterday too that I wish I could of seen!! Next year I'll be going for sure. Keep the pics and videos coming guys!!

Reactions: NM

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I hate that there are still ignorant people out there too!!....I was talking to my buddy yesterday and they were climbing the airport chutes on Friday, he was on a 06 rev 860 with stock skid. Some a-hole comes up to him riding a turbo pro and says how gay he was for "taking a run from revelstoke" cause he is on an old sled ...Why come if you can't afford good iron and blah blah blah .....that's ignorant! I didn't know there was a "chute climbing rule book". Best part was dumba** on the pro tried the chute he climbed and got stuck in the chute!! Were all there to have fun!! Who cares what you ride as long as you are riding and not at work is the best part! I'd rather be riding an élan in revy right now then working that's for sure! Hope today goes well for everyone , wish I was there!

06 rev is old iron?... :suspicious: i guess i should just stay at home

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the guys on the edges and revs had way more fun than the guys on the new stuff. I personally feel like I had more when I was riding my D700 over my Pro. That's the best part of my day watching old iron anyone see the old wedge climb any hills ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's monster bowl from turtle today that my buddy had to rub in my face...don't know how to get it up right sorry
image.jpg

css

Reaction score
Heres a few pics. I will post vids later. On drive home now. Well worth the 13hr drive after seeing 14 year old cam talk my buddie into climbing swenson st then atempting it himself. Thats gonna be one kid to watch for in the years to come.

boostbaby

Reaction score
What another great time at Yamafest! Had a blast watching all the climbs and crashes! The Mickus were killing it pretty sure they climbed every chute out there! Laird MacDougall unleashed his new tube chassis apex up some mean chutes with so much style (man he can ride!) then there was Frenchie and Chris Brown trying the Angry Pirate all I can say is WOW thats a tight chute!!! I got to test out the new vipers... which they got some serious power and feel so much lighter then the nytros! Friday we all hit the bull pen for some climbing action and I made the 90 again first pull! 2 years ago it took me 7 times before I managed to make it so I am super intimidated by that chute.. I lined up got squirly in the trenches but still managed to pull it... SO pumped! Man thats a fun chute! Got my first denial in Sweeny but guess thats climbing sometimes you make them sometimes you dont haha! Also got to take a poke on the TSS xm and the Boost-it Pro and holy those sleds rip! Just such a AWESOME weekend with friends and family, so much fun!!! Thanks again to all :)

Here is a link to my 90 climb... I was wanting to try more on Sat but the chutes got icy quick after a track or two so decided to keep my sled together and just watch the fun! I did manage to climb a chute in the airport that I hadnt climbed before so that was exciting :) Ahhhh I didnt want the weekend to end! Hoping for some fresh snow to maybe squeeze one more trip in!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152115635996056&l=3909051746418901568

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great climb Meg! haha Daynon....you beat me to posting that vid. I didn't know Jimmy could fly! haha.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad he's alright.. I'd like to see that video from another angle, must have been a hell of a ride..

Official justification for HP - if it wasn't for his skis 6' off the snow that tree would of stopped him cold..

Top Bottom