xm tunnel/rail reinforcements?

dmac101

Reaction score
ive found one only one, picture on the interent of an xm with the tunnel stiffeners on them, ski doo doesnt make any for the xm model? their suppose to be plenty strong already. but im 250+ and the more reinforcement the better. just wondering where on earth they found a set that fit them?

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them on my 2013 163, needed to modify 2012 kit slightly with different size bolt hole but nothing else
Buy and try

finndoo

Reaction score
Ya I am curious too, a buddy of mine just picked up a new xm 163 and he is 325 without gear. I'm looking at the running boards and looking at him and thinking there could be a bit of bending somewhere. Would be nice to strengthen it before trouble occurs.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tunnel reinforcements from racers edge. The mount on the inside of the tunnel. I'll try a take a couple pics tonight

finndoo

Reaction score
Ya I have looked at the boards on my 14 and see that it is strengthened slightly, probably good enough for my 195 but when well over 300 I think more bracing would be good. Would love to see a pic of the racers edge braces.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also put the rear foot pads on as this helps to stiffin the full length of the running boards and matches the outside rail. At 325# I am guessing that the stamina will not be there for all day stand up rding and big air. If it is though I pitty the sled!

finndoo

Reaction score
I have had pity on all of his previous sleds.You are right he will run out of steam riding hard. I tried the rear foot rests on my xp and they kept breaking where the rivets attached to the tunnel, so unless the new xm rests are more durable it may not be worth the money, but it may be worth a trip to the dealer to check them out in person. Thanks

Top Bottom