XM Skid Plate: Full Body or Extreme???

Nagzs

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a skid plate and not sure witch ones better for mountain riding, the Ski-Doo Full Body Skid Plate or the Ski-Doo Extreme Skid Plate.

I've also heard good things about the RPM Composite Carbon Fiber Skid Plate, just not sure if its worth $600.00 compared to the Ski-Doo ones for only $125.00.

Thanks for the help!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I use the full body skid plate. I want as much protected as possible. Saying that, I don't doo the foot well areas. The one problem people complain about is the fact that snow gets caught up on top of the plate around the arms and steering mechanism. This doesn't bother me as my sled is in a heated shop every night. For the road trips, I just make sure I clean it out before it freezes.

For me, the rocks and stumps slide nicely along the plastic and saves a lot of problems through the season. Even in the dead of winter, when we are up in the wind blown alpine, there are rocks that can cause damage.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon fibre is worth the money.
If you are going with the brp I would recommend the xtreme, it's doesn't pack full of snow like the full body.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom