XM Shut Off

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the xm have a auto shut down if left idleing for a while. This is what happend put a Balistic light weight battery in the sled and left it outside to see if it would start it no way so boosted it and got it running neighbor stopped by to cold to bs outside so went into the garage heard some beeping but paid no attention was quite awhile and finally realized crap sled is still running flew outside and it was not running started fine no codes not hot backed it into garage and going to find different light battery.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the xm have a auto shut down if left idleing for a while. This is what happend put a Balistic light weight battery in the sled and left it outside to see if it would start it no way so boosted it and got it running neighbor stopped by to cold to bs outside so went into the garage heard some beeping but paid no attention was quite awhile and finally realized crap sled is still running flew outside and it was not running started fine no codes not hot backed it into garage and going to find different light battery.
They shut down when they overheat and are left too long. You will have an overheat code in your ecu when the dealer checks them. Once it has cooled down it will start fine again and its business as usual.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They shut down when they overheat and are left too long. You will have an overheat code in your ecu when the dealer checks them. Once it has cooled down it will start fine again and its business as usual.

That's not true they shut off at 3 bars. Far from over heat. This is how we warm our sleds up in the morning

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will my '08 do that? just from overheat I would guess tho, or what? if it sits idling too long, you can hear the raves open up making the exhaust sound really loud, then starts beeping and showing the overheat message and red light on the dash.

NMR

Reaction score
That's not true they shut off at 3 bars. Far from over heat. This is how we warm our sleds up in the morning

Agreed, doesn't actually overheat its how I know it's definitely ready to ride. Always thought it was a great feature.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You could be right. I left mine idling for 15-20 mins last summer and it started beeping and shut down on its own. When I started it back up 30 mins later it still said 5 bars. Then when I took it to the dealer there was an overheat code on it which I presumed was from when it shut off.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh hmmm that's interesting.... Maybe it's a timed thing......meaning in the summer it could reach a higher temperature than a sled sitting outside in the winter? Ill have to do some tests

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if anyone other than me reads the damn manual, lol. It says in the manual that the sled will auto shut off after idling for something like 12 minutes.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of the best features of this sled. but guys the ecu is smarter than all of us together so wither its time or temp that shuts it down, who cares as long as it does?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if anyone other than me reads the damn manual, lol. It says in the manual that the sled will auto shut off after idling for something like 12 minutes.

It's funny you mention that. A lot of answers are in the manual and I've never read one lol. Same goes for pretty much anything. Ill break it trying to figure it out myself first!

Top Bottom