Xm or pro? Why

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know more about us all having to justify our choices? I buy whatever the **** I want. I don't need a reason.
Or are you talking about your Mommy controlling your allowance and you have to justify to her what you are buying?
Haha, there is ALWAYS a reason for buying something. Sure, you buy whatever you want, but there is a reason you want something. If there wasn't a reason you wanted something, then you wouldn't buy it in the first place. So, yes, you do have to justify your choices, whether to yourself or anyone else.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, there is ALWAYS a reason for buying something. Sure, you buy whatever you want, but there is a reason you want something. If there wasn't a reason you wanted something, then you wouldn't buy it in the first place. So, yes, you do have to justify your choices, whether to yourself or anyone else.

I kindly disagree, but everyone has their own opinion. :)
Mine is probably wrong though. LOL. I am just going to leave this alone. :cool:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know more about us all having to justify our choices? I buy whatever the **** I want. I don't need a reason.
Or are you talking about your Mommy controlling your allowance and you have to justify to her what you are buying?

Nope, not what I'm talking about, we were talking about justifying your choices. But you apparently do it without reason, and thats your option. Lol.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read almost every post in this thread.
Thanks for the entertainment!

Ride whatever feels right to you or... if you think you made the wrong choice make it work as best you can and take jabs at all other brands as long as you can keep a straight face until you sell it.
My next sled will be tough to choose. I've never liked riding a skidoo until the XM came out and I liked riding a Pro too.

Last edited:

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both sleds fun to ride, I agree with someone saying that Doo go better uphill, I would say because of wider track.
Skidoo also looks more expensive, every detail of it build with a better quality, Polaris has gaps so, it gives cheaper look. But when you ride PRO on a really deep snow it shines.
Having said so, grab any of them you won't be disappointing.
About polaris motor, adding some oil to tank really helps, I have about 5k on my odometer, no problems so far.

bourgon

Reaction score
I would say doo just cuz their is more of them on the hill then all the other sleds for mountain riding! I have heard good and bad things about both but worse things about pro!
good luck with your choice and don't believe every thing you read on this form. guys take this crap way to seriously!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say doo just cuz their is more of them on the hill then all the other sleds for mountain riding! I have heard good and bad things about both but worse things about pro!
good luck with your choice and don't believe every thing you read on this form. guys take this crap way to seriously!

That's like saying someone should buy a Ford because there are more in the parking lot at Costco than GM or Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are great sleds!! As of last year I do give the edge to doo only because of the engine. The Xm chassis is a bit behind the pro imo, the pro is way more efficient in moving through the snow.
If doo offers more hp next year than I'll probably order if not than I'm looking elsewhere. I really liked the boosted viper I rode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bourgon

Reaction score
That's like saying someone should buy a Ford because there are more in the parking lot at Costco than GM or Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure but if 70% of the trucks are ford then that would tell me their is something good about them !

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fact is that Polaris sells more Pro's than Doo's and Cat's combined in the mountain sled segment.

Top Bottom