XM on trails?

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 Freerides with XP chassis and now have a '13 Polaris RMK Assault. Thinking of snow checking a '15 Summit XM 154". I live in Saskatoon and go to the mountains 2 times a year. How is the XM on trails and on the flat? Any info is appreciated!

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, or I have to buy a Renegade!!! There isn't enough track for the mountains!!! There are mostly summits out here 154" Unless you lending yours (oler1234) out for my mountain trip? lol

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't let oler1234 hear that Semmitric!!! lol Just having fun! That's exactly what i'm thinking T-Team. Just wasn't sure how wobbly the XM is on trails, corners, and flats?

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll be using my new 174" t3 on trails in alberta intermittantly ;) ...... Extra scratchers :)

when was the last time you were on a trail in Alberta? seems to me it was when you screwed yourself up in that battle with the tree in Swan Hills area.......

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, or I have to buy a Renegade!!! There isn't enough track for the mountains!!! There are mostly summits out here 154" Unless you lending yours (oler1234) out for my mountain trip? lol

Well I could rent yea a 180hp big bore if you want plus tour guide into undisclosed areas around golden.... Comes with a price though.

i don't know sask and I don't ride there. Just pointing out the obvious. Mayby a renegade is just as pricey as a summit but it is built more for your conditions I would think...

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you ride two totally different areas you have to compromise on both ends

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
it was said earlier but I will repeat! It isn't a sled to trail ride at 90 mph especially if it is set up for the powder. So if you enjoy racing on the trail (not that I condone that concept), the longer Summits aren't the best. Sure nice when the snow is deep..........just saying:D

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stablizer bar makes a big difference the quick disconnect works great also just go to the wide stance when on trails at home

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still think I'm going with the Race Orange E-Start 154" Summit!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I do a lot of trail riding but the times I do my XM 154 is fine in SK. And it's good in the mountains, too. So a great choice for SK sled with 2 mtn trips per year. This year I'll be at 4 trips and I care most about mtn riding, so I'm going to snowcheck a T3.

Top Bottom