XM on trails?

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an xm 146 and I mostly ride in saskatchewan. Its awesome for around here but there aren't any trails where I ride. I mostly just ride in fields and ditches until the coullees blow in with snow and then hillclimbing is all I do. Its trail manners were pretty bad though the one time I was on a trail because it hunts really bad I think some different skis would fix that though.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between a Freeride XM and a Freeride XP in handling characteristics?

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My XM isn't too bad around here. I have about 1000 miles on the machine between the mtns and Sask. I find that I can't go as fast as I could on a Renegade across fields or rails corners on the trails. You can really feel the tippyness of the swivel in the rear arm sometimes, especially corners. The honest truth is, with a 2.5" track you are likely rarely going to be over 75-80mph. On hardpack, mine vibrates a little, but I'm leaning more toward that being the powder wedges up front.

As was said....it's a compromise. Pick the best machine for what you ride most and live with it. If you can't...stat building :) That's looking more and more like my plan this summer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between a Freeride XM and a Freeride XP in handling characteristics?

XM freeride has the Flex edge track, T-motion, Different Spindles? Xm Plastic, bars & seat

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what makes it not so floppy in the corners or on the trail?

Top Bottom