Xm belt life

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a clutch tower brace! I put one on my xp and it helped for belt life and performance.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's got the tower brace. Prefilter in nose cone. Belts have suffered cause its pulling timing and power due to the issues with the sled. Jerry at martins now tells me its alive and rips. Heading back to the hills Thursday and it should now be running good. Can't believe with all those issues I had no check engine lights or anything. I'm sure it will be better as martin had 3 days going right through the sled. I am dropping off the freeride and they can do the same to it. I have rave problems with it also. My next snow check will be ordered through someone Else with good luck so I don't get anymore Friday builds. I love the new doos but have yet to have a great kick ass day on one.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
2700 kms on the 13 XMX and I felt it was time to change the belt. The 2014 has nearly 1000 kms and the belt is great. The deflection is still great. The BRP goggle bag on top of the CVT could be a lot hotter for drying the goggles so I'm thinking my clutches aren't very hot.

I'm a happy camper with our XMX's...........:d

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So frustrated. Turns out both my xm were Friday sleds. Tps issue. Rave sticking on freeride. No Rave nutz on xm at all. Exhaust temp sensors out of calibration. And a few more small issues. The both had a reflash. So due to all the things I listed they were not making power and in a type of limp mode. That explains why im on click 5 and everyone else 2 or 3. Also explains the 7 belts eaten btween the 2 sleds in only 1700 km combined. So pissed cause my 13 xm was a toilet and also had running issues. It was weak and I dropped it of at the dealer after every ride. Fuel pumps. Tps. Sensors ect. Bad luck or what. Guess I shoulda stayed on boosted nytros.

That's terrible luck with these sleds. Hope you get fixed up so you can just enjoy her. Mine pulled the threads on a belt at 800kms. But it was a warm day, and I was doing endless pulls in heavy snow. The clutches are always roasting hot though.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So frustrated. Turns out both my xm were Friday sleds. Tps issue. Rave sticking on freeride. No Rave nutz on xm at all. Exhaust temp sensors out of calibration. And a few more small issues. The both had a reflash. So due to all the things I listed they were not making power and in a type of limp mode. That explains why im on click 5 and everyone else 2 or 3. Also explains the 7 belts eaten btween the 2 sleds in only 1700 km combined. So pissed cause my 13 xm was a toilet and also had running issues. It was weak and I dropped it of at the dealer after every ride. Fuel pumps. Tps. Sensors ect. Bad luck or what. Guess I shoulda stayed on boosted nytros.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one, although belts weren't a issue 1500k on a ultimax xs803, had issues with other things though.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's terrible luck with these sleds. Hope you get fixed up so you can just enjoy her. Mine pulled the threads on a belt at 800kms. But it was a warm day, and I was doing endless pulls in heavy snow. The clutches are always roasting hot though.

Picked up my summit x. Martins was great my sled was in and out quick. They're going through my freeride while I'm away and I'm confident they can get it rippin to. Off to revy to try out Deano's clutching and gearing combo. :)

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had 50km on my first belt before it blew, so pissed. I'm at 370 km now on second belt. Have rb clutch kit and pre filter kit. Noticed a lot of ice on pipe side so I'm thinking that vent on top needs a screen.

Bought a qrs brace, hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had 50km on my first belt before it blew, so pissed. I'm at 370 km now on second belt. Have rb clutch kit and pre filter kit. Noticed a lot of ice on pipe side so I'm thinking that vent on top needs a screen.

I out a screen over that vent helped out lots!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bet the dealer or u never washed the belts or clutch, that's y u only got 50 km on #1

sent while I should be drinking tea's

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
750km on my first belt and it completely exploded. It does seem extremely hot on the primary as well. Had stock clutching for 650km then Rooster built since then. 14 163

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
750km on my first belt and it completely exploded. It does seem extremely hot on the primary as well. Had stock clutching for 650km then Rooster built since then. 14 163

So basically you messed with the clutching and the belt exploded next ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
2000km on my original belt. Still running stock clutching and stock gaurd. My clutches run nice and cool. I am going to finally pull clutches and clean friday and throw on the new belt to break it in. I haven't even adjusted belt deflection yet. This is the first sled I have ever owned that seems to actually be somewhat economical to actually go ride. My old mod would burn in one day what this sled will use in 3. I will be snowchecking another one for sure this year.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2000km on my original belt. Still running stock clutching and stock gaurd. My clutches run nice and cool. I am going to finally pull clutches and clean friday and throw on the new belt to break it in. I haven't even adjusted belt deflection yet. This is the first sled I have ever owned that seems to actually be somewhat economical to actually go ride. My old mod would burn in one day what this sled will use in 3. I will be snowchecking another one for sure this year.

unreal belt life from some machines. As far as fuel they are good except when u ride hard. If I ride with the wife in groomed trails and lakes. I get 160-180 km easy to a tank ony ditch sled. If I ride my summit x with Rene I get 90 km max to a tank. When the etec is ridden hard its like any other sled. Thirsty I could use 2 of the linq cans some days

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Got about 900km out of the first stock (391) belt before it pulled a cord on a warm day in heavy snow when I was relentlessly beating on it with climb after climb.
I put a used XP belt (377 belt) on it and it ran fine for the rest of the day so I left it like that. I currently have 1800 XM km's on that used XP belt and it's going strong. Adjusted secondary height once, and cleaned the primary twice. In heavy deep snow I do notice some loss of RPMs as it gets hot and starts sticking to the clutches, but it hasn't blown so far. My old 09 XP used to eat a 377 belt every 400kms, so the XM's a big big improvement I think.

From what I was told the 391 and 377 belts are identical except for the 377 has a higher temperature rubber compound.

As for heat, my clutch gets so hot it damaged a set of 509 goggles I had it the goggle pouch above the clutch guard. Full on started to melt the foam and the glue loosened and moved the foam a bit.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew a belt this weekend and mean destroyed the belt! It was warm and heavy snow but it only lasted 707km! But the clutches where so hot I had to wait 20 min to change the belt. Time to see Deano!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew a belt this weekend and mean destroyed the belt! It was warm and heavy snow but it only lasted 707km! But the clutches where so hot I had to wait 20 min to change the belt. Time to see Deano!

I went with deano also. My sleds also had rave and tps issues. I beat on my xm this weekend and never corded a belt so deans clutching worked out awesome for me. The sled rips now

Top Bottom