X or Hillclimb

PC2000

Reaction score
I've been considering buying a 09 hillclimb Edition. Can anyone tell me if there's really any differences in handling between the Summit X.

Alfred

Reaction score
I own both, the hill climb has a wider ski stance and better shocks. I prefer the hill climb, it handles better and gives me a better ride. just my 2 cents.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I like my mtn sleds narrow, but I also like the clicker shocks. Do the hill climbs come with clickers all the way around? If so, I'd probably go Hillclimb route and then add my Simmons and set them on narrowest setting to slim it up some for mtns.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there's nothing wrong with the cheapo everest mine works just fine. hahaha

lol i know. its not exacly cheap either. i would buy an everest before anything.

a couple grand cheaper and is the exact same machine minus the suspension setup.

and no matter how much you spend on brp suspension it will never be as good as an aftermarket setup.

so i will spend what i saved on buying an everest rather than an X and buy a full skid and front shocks and it will become a summit XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the few times I can fully agree with Maxwell!

I have an X, but I couldn't find an Everest I wanted at the time I was buying my sled. Next year its likely getting a new skid or atleast a suspension upgrade with Fox floats and removing the torsion springs.

Save your X or even Hillclimb cash, put it towards gas and oil this year then once you figure out what you want to do with the sled you can go big! Maybe you will find that the Everest suits your needs!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not get a cheapo everest and then spend the 2000 you saved on exit or fox shocks all around

X2 the x package is not worth it IMO spend the extra money on the suspension, the fox float2's are lighter than the X's shocks, at first I thought the gauge package on the x was worth it but I don't use the functions I usually look at the tach needle anyway the digital gauge does not track as fast as the analog needle.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i forgot about the guages..kind of cool. exept on every one i have worked on the guage cluster was acting funny anyways. at least on the 2008 they had some issues.

and when it comes down to it rpm is the only thing everyone is concerned with

Top Bottom