wtf,very little heat

JR Ross

Reaction score
:rant:04 rev summit x ,installed aftermarket 8 inch rsi risor,rsi aluminuim carbon fiber wrap handle bars 1 1/8 to 7/8,aftermarket hand warmers, not sure on brand of warmers, now get very little heat from warmers,wired correctly i think,possible aluminuim wrapped carbon fiber handle bars not transfering heat ?.i even foam sprayed in bar before installing 45 deg ends & new hand grips.looking to know if there are better hand heaters that look good & will fit on new bars that have 45 deg tips.note; these are rsi 45 deg tips, there the only ones that will fit these bars, inside diameter of these rsi carbon wrapped bars are smaller.love these bars, are wider now by 3 inchs, come at 36 inchs wide, cut them down to be total lenghth with tips at 33 inchs.have snow bunji left throttle with lots of room,also put a set of hand defletors on bars,no w/s,but at -25 deg cel,too cold with no heater operation up to snuff,installed moose warmers on wifes grizzly 700,too hot,installed stk do warmers on 800 outlander, ok,but not as hot as wife.lol!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RSI has some great heat tape warmers and awesome grips too. On your bars - put a layer of foil ducting tape in the heat grip area. This will reflect heat up into the grip rather than sinking the heat into the aluminum of the bar.

Those bars are really wide...probably not going to like all the width when you get into a tough sidehill start! JMHO

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RSI has some great heat tape warmers and awesome grips too. On your bars - put a layer of foil ducting tape in the heat grip area. This will reflect heat up into the grip rather than sinking the heat into the aluminum of the bar.

Those bars are really wide...probably not going to like all the width when you get into a tough sidehill start! JMHO

what HRT said. use foil, the bars are soaking up too much heat, alum conducts heat very well. I have Renthals on my sleds and the warmers on high feel like they did on low with steel bars.

Top Bottom