Wrong belt?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Km. New belt is on. Squeaks a bit at idle, clutches spin constantly on the stand. Take it off the stand and it idles really low as if it's under load trying to move but not enough to actually move the sled. Seems like the clutch is always engaged. No problems before the belt went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your belt defection is to tight

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy- belt is installed inside out. Flip it so teeth are on outside and should work fine. They are packaged with teeth on inside to keep them free from shipping damage!

Hahaha I applaud your efforts

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Km. New belt is on. Squeaks a bit at idle, clutches spin constantly on the stand. Take it off the stand and it idles really low as if it's under load trying to move but not enough to actually move the sled. Seems like the clutch is always engaged. No problems before the belt went

Do you know how to adjust belt deflection?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you back Joey. Regardless of what you ask on here its fun to read the abuse you take. Don't let it get to you because its entertaining. Keep it up young man and you will be a star before you know it.

A tight belt will squeak because it doesn't have enough deflection. Its actually rubbing on the primary shaft and turning the secondary at the same time. Performance guys used to like it tight like this, made for a quick engagement. However a tight belt can cause excessive heat which will cause your belt to overheat and explode like you have seen. There are other reasons that this may happen. Try the proper belt and see if it will last. If it does you good to go. If you run hard for a bit and stop and feel your clutches and belt and find them extremely hot you may have other issues.

Now for the love of God start a thread about the proper way to pick up women or how to get your diesel truck to blow black smoke. I personally would like to know the direct benefits to having your tow mirrors flipped out while not towing a trailer.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my sleds l would adjust my belt so it just started to squeak. So to me that's on once it's broke in will be perfect

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you back Joey. Regardless of what you ask on here its fun to read the abuse you take. Don't let it get to you because its entertaining. Keep it up young man and you will be a star before you know it.

A tight belt will squeak because it doesn't have enough deflection. Its actually rubbing on the primary shaft and turning the secondary at the same time. Performance guys used to like it tight like this, made for a quick engagement. However a tight belt can cause excessive heat which will cause your belt to overheat and explode like you have seen. There are other reasons that this may happen. Try the proper belt and see if it will last. If it does you good to go. If you run hard for a bit and stop and feel your clutches and belt and find them extremely hot you may have other issues.

Now for the love of God start a thread about the proper way to pick up women or how to get your diesel truck to blow black smoke. I personally would like to know the direct benefits to having your tow mirrors flipped out while not towing a trailer.

Top Bottom