Wraps???????

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran across this on Facebook, has anyone ran into this yet?
SHARED POST ....Sled friends: Was informed by a CO yesterday that having a wrap or sticker obscuring your VIN is a criminal code offence in Canada that comes with up to 5 years jail time, and up to $5000 fine.I checked out federal legislation online, and this amendment was passed in 2009.
If you install a wrap on your sled, make sure you cut out a section to allow for the VIN to be visible at all times. Obviously you need your VIN for shop work, but in some cases your dealer has your sled VIN attached to your profile and may not check it every time you go in.
"Under new subsection 353.1(4), altering, removing or obliterating a VIN is a hybrid offence. Subsection 353.1(4) provides for a maximum sentence of imprisonment for five years in the case of an indictable offence. If instead the prosecution decides to proceed with a summary conviction, the offence is punishable by a $5,000 fine or imprisonment for six months, or both.36 These are the same sentences provided in the former Bill C-64."
Might be good to double check that your VIN is visible if you've installed a wrap, sometimes people forget. Just thought I'd pass it on

knh208

Reaction score
Covering your VIN with vinyl does not constitute altering, removing or obliterating.

Sent from my Palm Pilot

knh208

Reaction score
I've never had an officer check the VIN on anything. If you have your insurance card that's all they check

Sent from my Palm Pilot

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have.
Once in Enderby and once in Rocky Mountain House.
I was with him when they checked us

Made us take the disgusting covers off and all to check

sent while drinking tea's

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 CR pros..... no vin to be found on those tunnels. I still have the oem take off tunnels in the shop, but won't do me much good in Revy! I sure hope I never meet that fine officer.

taz3038

Reaction score
We were checked today up at Frisby. I was told when I get back home to cut out the part covering the vin number

Top Bottom