Wow.... What a weekend in valemount

SNOWHAWK

Reaction score
I rode climina on sunday i drove to the 5km rode snow all the way up trail is great and the snow..... it was 2 feet of untracked fresh over the whole mountain!

Went up allen on monday and went all the way back. Found a giant slide right at the end of avy valley.
Trail is perfect, I meen you could drive a Corvette on it it was so smooth.

Lots of snow up to guys this season aint over yet!

PS Anyone see my BooBs in Danger Basin, I would love a picture...

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The group of good guys & gals were in Clemina on saturday and wow was there a lot of fresh untracked snow. Dropped down into one area and it became a little hair raising as to whether or not I was gonna climb out of there. On third attempt made it out and then had to go back down to climb it again for good measure...lol.

As for the avy at the end of avy valley that came down saturday sometime. A couple of the guys were in there friday and then we were all in there sunday. Tab and Teeroy said that hadn't come down friday when they passed by. You can clearly see that the avy was triggered by a sled...:mad:

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Avalanche Alley is where the yellow warning signs are we came back through there Fri around 5pm and nothing had slid. I'd like to see a pic of the avy if someone has one.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the conditions thread. it is at the end of avalanche valley after the yellow warning signs....shouldnt need warning signs for that hill though...

SNOWHAWK

Reaction score
The location of the slide....

At the north end of the avalanch valley righ where you turn left and go up the steep pitch. that bowl is now clean right to the rocks... sorry no pics but it looked big. Yes it was caused by a sled!

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're talking about this slide?

Attachments

• Allen avy.jpg
    Allen avy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 613

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry. You are right Maxwell. I rode Chappel Thurs/Fri & Allen on Sat.
So that came down just after lunch on Sat.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the one. I think it came down around 1-2pm on Friday.

had to have been saturday, we were there on friday and came back thru past it around 4pm and it wasn't there then. the line that caused that was absolutely ridiculous....wondered how buddy wasn't caught up in it.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the same slope and pics were taken Friday mid-afternoon. In comparison the avy photo from Saturday looks like the sun had melted the fresh snow from the tree branches so maybe solar heating had de-stabilized the snowpack.

I find after Fernie and BIS incidents I am very avy-paranoid now, much more than ever before and I've been riding in the mountians for 15 years. I still see a lot of bad practice - riding too close together, multiple guys climbing a slope, lack of awareness of being in a terrain trap. And I know for a fact a surprising number of folks don't know how to put their beacon in receive and use it if they had to.

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 579
  • sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 575

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw that hill sat morning when going back. hadn't slid yet but you could see sloughing. came back through in the afternoon and there it was. 1200 turbo xp set it off. Then the guy climbs back up just to the left of where it slid :confused:

wildman

Reaction score
Hey snowhawk, we saw your boobs in danger. looked awsome from the morning glory ridge. nice job. didnt get a picture.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great photos! can anyone tell what is open there i have never been there and we are thinking of getting in one last ride but not having been there not sure if we should go there or goldon let me know

Top Bottom