work ethics question....?

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
I would wait it out for the bonus, and then explain your issues. if they fail to reason with your reasonable request on the sched thing, well its a good company to work for but they fail to see your side and thats important.
I would bet, if you have been a decent employee, they will adhere to your request and make it work for both, hell it will probably make more than just you happy knowing when you have days off as im sure other staff are feeling the same as you.
Bonus are as others have said for the work completed, NO company hands out bonus for future work/profits due to cash and that no way to measure what profit may/may not be made.

As said, tuff it out for the cash, wait a week or two after and hit em up with your request. it is still and will be for some time, an employee market vs. an employer pick and choose type of market.

Cheers good luck:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I know would wait and then run. Can't lose out on bonus you been there a year.

sweetsecret73

Reaction score
I think the best advice has already been given. Communication with your employer is number one. Most employers that care about their employees will work with you to satisfy your complaint. If that does not resolve the issue at hand and you decide to give your notice your employer would love for you to give two weeks. Depending on your circumstances and starting another job, you are only required to give one weeks notice as you have been employed with the company for less than 2 years. Good luck with the decision!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont burn bridges no matter the outcome there will be a full 2weeks notice if i do have to go that route.

appreciate all the input guys. makes this much easier :beer:

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you feel to guilty to accept the bonus I may be able to help you out there!!

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
As said by me and others, mention it to your boss, BUT i would wait until after you have the bonus in your hands and i would wait again a few weeks after you cash the bonus to mention it.

Anyone and me being an owner/boss to think that if i heard that you werent happy with the sched, or whatever you want to bring up to the boss, wouldnt effect your bonus, is wrong. lets be real about this. Im an being honest, that if someone complained, pointed out changes that they want to see, I would/might be happy that it was brought forward, BUT, when i would be figuring out the amount of cash to give out, the suggestions/discussion, might/would effect the amount of cash i would be giving out.

SO as I have suggested, yes talk to your boss, but after you have the cash of bonus in hand.

Us business owners etc on here offering our thoughts, lets remember, this thread is not about us, but about how buddy maxwell and to get his bonus (full amount) and mention things to his boss. its not about our best interest, its about his.

Cheers
:beer:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at my previous job for 15yrs, waited for the annual Xmas bonus, then gave my notice the following Feb.

I considered it compensation for all the years being screwed over by the man!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never got a bonus for the 15 years i was an employee, didnt consider a frozen turkey a bonus....... So i started my own outfit, if a guys got to move on then i say "do what you gotta do" to him. Bonus time xmas time or any other time. My way of thinking is thats it your life live it, i did, go get yours!! I give bonuses based on the money the guy made for me, therefore its already his so take it. Move on and find something that fits better, dont bad mouth no-one and 5-10 years down the road that outfit might fit better......... never know. If you dont ack like a douche it all works out.....

Top Bottom