wiring question for an Apex

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know if there is a wire that will give me 12 volts only when the sled is shut off but 0-volts when running? I have a blinking 12 volt LED that I want to install......I think I will be adding a relay that trigers off head lights to open the circuit and when I shut it off.....it will go to naturally closed.....it is easy to do with a relay but since I dont know the Apex wiring yet I just want to see if a wire can be found on a relay that trigers say the head lights but when key is shut off the 5th pole on the relay might have power when key is off.....(I for get but is it the 86a 86b pole????). the blinking LED is to make it looked ALARMED well sitting on the truck or at home.......it is 230 in the morning and I dont have a relay sitting beside me so I will have to look at one in the morning lol.......I should just find a wiring digram! and find I way to shut the brain off and go to sleep! LOL night all!

torszula

Reaction score
Ask the dealer where the 12V ignition wire is at. I use this on my Nytro for 12V to my GPS. I simply used a scotch block to tap into teh wire for the 12V source. Once teh scotch bloch is on the wire you can use teh other part of the scotch block to carry the 12V wherever you need it. The ignition source is also fused already. I added a picture of a scotch block in case you don't know what they are. You can find them at Radio Schak or online at an electronics store.

07-vi.jpg

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a 12 volt wire only when the key is off but goes to 0 volts when key goes on.....I think Im going to have to use a relay......I want the LED to blink when key if off and go out when key is on......The LED I got was only a $1 so I guess I can aford a $5 relay lol.....lordco sells them with the relay (well 3 wire circuit board) for $22....but they come in blue instead of the red I got......might have to go back to lordco lol........the one I got is a 12 volt blinking LED.....lordco LED has a circuit board and 3 wires........I never use those scotch block.....unless it is a quick fix to get me home........only use solder and heat shrink(with the glue in it).......or heat shrink but connectors with the glue in them........trailer, boats, sleds, car/truck on the out side......it will bite you in the A$$ down the road if you dont!!!! just my 2 cents......done many years of wiring

Last edited:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask the dealer where the 12V ignition wire is at. I use this on my Nytro for 12V to my GPS. I simply used a scotch block to tap into teh wire for the 12V source. Once teh scotch bloch is on the wire you can use teh other part of the scotch block to carry the 12V wherever you need it. The ignition source is also fused already. I added a picture of a scotch block in case you don't know what they are. You can find them at Radio Schak or online at an electronics store.

View attachment 89225

well at-least you'll know where to look when you start having electrical issues,there's no substitute for solder and shrink tube.

Top Bottom